10 First Year Anniversary Date Ideas
Couples who are fortunate enough to have stayed together for 12 months can celebrate with one of the following 10 first year anniversary date ideas. From fine dining to outdoor adventuring, this list compiles some of the most romantic plans a couple can make. Many of these dates can be combined to create an even more memorable day.
- Sailing Love has often been linked with the sea. From the tale of “The Little Mermaid” to “The Sea Captain’s Wife,” authors have used literature to recognize the romantic quality of the wind and the waves. Couples can experience this romance for themselves by renting a sailboat or a canoe for the day. One of the things that makes this such an excellent idea for a first year anniversary date is that it allows couples to escape from the hubbub of daily life and to spend time together, away from everything else.
- Paintball While paintball is not a traditional anniversary date idea, couples with more active lifestyles will find a day of paintball more fulfilling than more sedentary activities. Not only is paintball fun, the exercise will release endorphins that will help a couple feel happy and in the mood for romance.
- Hiking Hiking makes a wonderful first year anniversary date idea, both because it allows couples to make a memory together. It is particularly romantic when the person planning the trip can plan out a site with breathtaking scenery. Flowery meadows, shining lakes or high peaks can provide the setting for a very romantic evening.
- A Classic Evening For those who are looking for a more traditional date idea, taking a date to dinner followed by a romantic movie can still be magic. Consider dining at a new restaurant or new dishes at a favorite haunt. Classic romantic movies can make this idea even better. Nothing says romance like “An Affair to Remember” or “Roman Holiday.”
- Murder Mystery Weekend Witnessing a murder may not seem like the most romantic date idea, but it can be. Bringing your date to a murder mystery weekend or dinner theater will allow you to combine fine dining with unforgettable live-action entertainment.
- Take a Class Taking a class can be a great first year anniversary idea. One of the best ways to grow closer to someone is to learn something with them. Many community centers offer day- or week-long classes that can be fun and entertaining. Consider taking an art class that will allow the two of you to create something lasting together. Dance and music classes are also worth looking into.
- See a Play While many couples find love at the movies, sometimes going to a play is a more romantic date idea. The live action, combined with the dynamic audience response can be much more appealing. Consider attending a play put on by college or university students. College theater play are often inexpensive and typically well-acted.
- Day Trip Taking a trip to a previously unvisited location is a great way to celebrate a first year anniversary. Consider taking a picnic at the beach, visiting an orchard or walking through Chinese tea gardens. This date idea is more substantial than dinner and a movie and can be varied to suit any couple’s tastes.
- Sky Diving Those who are looking for a memorable first year anniversary date idea might consider sky diving. It is hard not to remember jumping out of a plane and soaring through the sky. The thrill of this fearsome and athletic idea will be sure to make your partner’s heart race and will allow the two of you to “touch the sky” together.
- Kite Flying A safer date idea that will allow couples to reach for the sky is kite flying. Couples can enjoy each other’s company and the beauty of nature, while engaging in this simple, but beautiful activity.