10 Foods That Are Good For You
Looking for 10 foods that are good for you? Look no further. Here's your guide to the healthiest foods you can eat. They will give you energy, lower your cholesterol and help you manage your weight. Good eating starts with this helpful guide.
- Tomatoes Tomatoes are foods that are good for you and your health. Although they are fruit, most people prepare tomatoes in vegetable dishes. The health benefits come from lycopene, and vitamins A and C. Lycopene is an antioxidant that can lower your risk for heart disease, cancer and other health problems. Vitamin A works to fight free radicals that cause skin conditions. Vitamin C helps prevent illness by strengthening your immune system.
- Broccoli Broccoli is a super food that is a part of the cabbage family. The chemicals found in broccoli is said to lower your chances of colon cancer, a silent killer in many people. It's also high in vitamin A, C, fiber and calcium. Broccoli can also help you maintain a healthy weight.
- Carrots Carrots aren't just for your eyesight. This food is loaded with beta carotene, a powerful antioxidant. The vitamin K, or potassium, helps regulate the fluid in your body and cells. They maintain their health benefits best when eaten raw.
- Garlic Boost your immune system with garlic. Garlic is one food that is good for your overall health. Don't worry about bad breath. Prepare garlic in your main dishes and enjoy the benefits of good health.
- Cantaloupe If you want to eat something sweet, but not into high calorie desserts, eat cantaloupe. Cantaloupe is high in vitamin A, C and potassium. This food is also a good way to keep antioxidants in your body.
- Blackberries, raspberries and blueberries All three of these amazing fruits are exceptional foods. They possess antioxidants and vitamins. Eating these berries every day can help fight cancer, aging and weight gain. The fiber found in berries helps keep your stomach and intestinal tract function the right way.
- Bran cereal You can ward off constipation and high cholesterol by eating bran cereal. Bran is also a good way to get heart healthy.
- Fish Fish is one food that is very good for you. Halibut, tuna and anchovies are low in fat and calories. Tuna has zero fat content and carbohydrates. Fish can be cooked a variety of ways including baking, broiling or grilling.
- Chicken Chicken without the skin is a nutritious and healthy food. You can eat it in a number of ways. Try adding sliced chicken breast to your salad or stir fry. Baked, grilled or broiled chicken is good as well. The protein found in chicken can help build strong muscle tissue.
- Turkey Turkey is the other poultry high in protein; it's low in fat and calories. Although turkey is mostly eaten during the holidays, it can make a healthy food any time of the year.
Posted on: Jan. 05, 2011