These 10 foods that cause indigestion are from different subtypes that are difficult to digest and therefore stay in the digestive track for a while. They are also foods that are high in acid content or promote acid in the stomach to increase.
- Pork Roast and Pork chops – These foods cause indigestion. Fatty foods cannot be broke down quickly and efficiently so they stay in the digestive track for a while causing misery. The food backs up into the esophagus, causing feelings of heart burn and acid reflux.
- Peppermint – Peppermint causes the sphincter, which separates the esophagus from the stomach, to relax, causing a back up of stomach contents into the throat. Causing indigestion is a key component of the food product peppermint. Although people tend to use peppermint to solve their stomach problems, it doesn’t work and therefore causes more problems and difficulty with indigestion.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is another food that causes indigestion to occur. It also relaxes the sphincter. When the little gait is relaxed it opens, allowing all the food from the stomach to reenter the esophagus causing sever heartburn and reflux.
- Cheese – Cheese causes constipation as well as buildup in the digestive track. The build up of food in the stomach and intestines causes a back up of food to reenter the esophagus. This occurs because of the pressure of the backup.
- Spicy Chicken – Adding more hot spices to the meal may not be a good thing to do, as it can cause indigestion to occur. Spices relax the sphincter separating the esophagus from the stomach. The back up of food occurs again, as there is no shut off valve from the stomach for the food to not reenter the esophagus.
- Cabbage – Cabbage causes increases acid production in the stomach. It increases the gas products in the intestines, causing a back up of foods and pressure in the abdominal cavity to occur which reenters into the esophagus from the stomach. Many people also suffer from flatus from cabbage.
- Spaghetti and Meatballs Spaghetti and meatballs cause indigestion to occur from the gas build up within the stomach. The food reenters the esophagus causing indigestion and reflux. Heartburn usually is experienced as part of the difficulties regarding indigestion with this food.
- Potato Chips and Corn chips – These fried products cause indigestion because of the grease that is used to process them. The grease causes acid build up in the stomach and also for their abdominal sphincter to relax. The food reenters the throat after a while as it sits in the stomach causing gas pain.
- Fried Peppers and Onions – Fried peppers and onion cause indigestion to occur quite quickly in the belly as the food churns to attempt to enter the intestines. It reenters the esophagus through the stomach because of the gas products that accompany with this type of fried delicious food.
- Sausage – Sausage is another offender of digestion in the throat and stomach. The acid build up and gas production send the food back into the esophagus, causing the feeling of nausea and heartburn, which are symptoms of indigestion.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?