This list of 10 foods that contain protein will provide you with heart healthy protein choices. Protein malnutrition will cause loss of muscle, decreased immunity, growth failure, weakening of heart and respiratory system and death. Protein can be found in both animal products and vegetable products, but it doesn't mean all the proteins are created equal. Eating a six-ounce steak has a great source of protein, 38 grams, but it also has 44 grams of fat and sixteen of them are from saturated fat. It is recommended you eat eight grams of protein for every twenty pounds of weight daily or about twenty percent of your daily calories. Choosing the best foods that contain protein will improve your heart health and waistline.
- Salmon: Six-ounces of salmon is a healthy food that contains protein. Salmon has "healthy fat," with 34 grams of protein and only eighteen grams of fat, and 4 grams from saturated fat. Salmon has omega-3 fatty acid witch is important to heart health and development. Choose foods with protein that have additional health benefits.
- Avocado: Here is another heart healthy food that contains protein. There are 2 grams of protein and 15 grams of fat however, it is monounsaturated fat which is good for you and is full of vitamins and minerals, making it a good choice of food protein.
- Nuts: Almonds are an example of food that contains protein and health benefits. Eating nuts have been linked to reduced heart disease. There are 6 grams of protein in 1/2 cup of almonds.
- Yogurt: One cup of yogurt is equal to 8 to 12 grams of protein. Yogurt has "good" bacteria in it and promotes a good digestive track by providing probiotics.
- Milk: Another good source of food with protein is Milk. be sure to drink skim milk or non-fat milk. Milk has calcium and is good for bone health.
- Eggs: Everything in balance and eggs are another healthy food that contains protein, 6 grams to be exact. Eggs have lutein which prevents macular degeneration in the eyes.
- Beans: Black, Pinto and Lentil beans have 7 to 10 grams of protein per cup. Beans are a major source of soluble fiber. When passing through the digestive track, they absorb bile that contains cholesterol and remove it quickly from the body, promoting heart health.
- Protein Bars: The amount of protein in this food will vary from bar to bar. Although this not ideal as a food containing protein it is good in a pinch. Protein bars are high in antioxidants and other useful vitamins.
- Bananas: Bananas can lift your spirts and help stop constipation. Bananas are a food that contain protein, althought it is only 2 grams per banana, but they provide other much needed health benefits as well.
- Asparagus: This green vegetable not only has 5 grams of protein per cup, there are several additional health benefits in asparagus. It helps prevent hair loss, prevents the effects of aging and detoxifies your body.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …