What are 10 foods to eat for clear skin? Does diet actually have that much of an impact on complexion? Cleansing foods that are high in fiber, antioxidants, nutrients, and water content, if they make up the majority of the diet, can have a tremendous impact on the skin's health and appearance. Find out how to turn your complexion around with these ten foods to eat for clear skin.
- Raw walnuts. The bulk of a diet for clear skin should consist of raw foods. Walnuts are a great start as they are good source of fiber, which will help the body eliminate toxins, but also essential fatty acids, which will help to dissolve fatty deposits that block pores.
- Yogurt. Eat a serving of yogurt a day for clear skin. Yogurt is rich in probiotics, which help to balance bacteria levels in the body. The more good bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract, the less bad bacteria in other places of the body, including the skin.
- Snack on carrot sticks. Carrots are rich in fiber and the antioxidant beta-carotene, which is the precursor to vitamin A. Vitamin A helps by strengthening the protective tissue of the skin. Be sure to eat plenty of carrots for clear, healthy skin.
- Salmon. Have a serving of wild salmon once a week. Why is this fish one of the ten foods to eat for clear skin? It is a great source of essential fatty acids, as well as the mineral selenium, which acts as a protective antioxidant and also promotes tissue elasticity.
- Oatmeal. Try eating a bowl of oatmeal every morning for breakfast. Top it with chopped walnuts and fresh fruit. Oats are high in fiber for cleansing, but also vitamin E for tissue healing and repair, and silica for the formation of new connective tissue. Also, eating oatmeal helps to reduce stress, which is sometimes a root cause of acne.
- Pears. Snack on pears to help with clear skin. This fruit is high in both fiber and water as well as vitamin C. It is a wonderful cleansing food.
- Cucumbers. Like pears, cucumbers, when consumed with the skin on, are a cleansing food for clear skin. They supply fiber, water, vitamin C, and silica. Cucumbers also help with skin inflammation and puffiness.
- Strawberries. This is definitely one of the most important foods to eat for clear skin, and it is a great topical remedy. Strawberries are rich in antioxidants, fiber, and water. Externally they act as a natural skin exfoliant because of the alpha-hydroxy acids.
- Tofu. Eat tofu for clear skin as a substitute for meats and cheeses, which are contributing factors to a poor complexion. Nutrient-rich, high in protein, and low in fat, this is an easy to digest, skin cleansing food. It is also a good source of zinc, which helps to destroy bacteria.
- Brown rice. Try switching to brown rice. Brown rice is a good source of fiber for cleansing and B vitamins for healthy skin tone. It also acts as a substitute for refined white rice, which has only a fraction of the nutrients of brown rice. Remember, the less processed foods you eat, and the more natural and unprocessed food you enjoy, the faster your complexion will improve.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …