The 10 foods that make you gain weight are very common foods that are in almost all refrigerators. It is rare that people are looking for foods to gain weight but there are plenty more than just 10 foods to gain weight. Below are the 10 foods that make you gain weight.
- Cheese is one of the foods that make you gain weight. Cheese is high in saturated fat which is the bad fat category. One slice of American cheese has 100 calories and 8 grams of fat of which 5 grams of fat is saturated fat. Low fat cheese has 50 calories and 3 grams of fat per slice which shows that regular cheese can make you gain weight.
- Margarine is also one of the foods that make you gain weight. Butter and hard margarine are calorie dense. But margarine has trans fat which is a bad fat category as it will increase the risk for cardiovascular disease as well as weight gain.
- Soy sauce is one of the foods that make you gain weight. Soy sauce is loaded with sodium which will cause the body to retain water and therefore weight gain.
- Whole milk is also one of the foods that make you gain weight. Milk is loaded with calories and rich in fat or saturated fat. Also the calories from milk are liquid calories which are known to leave the body feeling unsatisfied as compared to calories from actual food products.
- White bread is another one of the food that make you gain weight. Whether it is pita bread, hot dog rolls or just plain white bread, these are the culprits that will make you gain weight the quickest due to the refined carbohydrates. This type of carbohydrates will cause the blood sugar to rise and then crash.
- Regular bacon is also a food that makes you gain weight. Bacon is basically fried fat which has a high dose of sodium and saturated fats. The sodium will cause water to be retained which leads to weight gain and the saturated fat added to the sodium is a major weight gain item.
- Chocolate donuts are one of the foods that make you gain weight. Of all the bad donuts, chocolate donuts are the worst of the group. These donuts contain 19 grams of fat of which 6 grams are saturated fat. Also one chocolate donut has 300 calories none of which are healthy calories but great for weight gain.
- Beef hot dogs are another one of the foods that make you gain weight. One hot dog without a bun contains 180 calories and 16 grams of fat of which 7 grams of fat are saturated fat. The hot dog is a mystery meat which is loaded with fat, pig and cow parts as well as sodium and nitrates.
- Chocolate truffles are one of the foods that make you gain weight. One truffle has 220 calories, 13 grams of fat of which 11 grams are saturated fat. Chocolate truffles contain highly saturated palm or coconut oils making them the worst item in the candy department for weight gain.
- Sour cream and onion potato chips are also one of the foods that make you gain weight. These are empty calories with fat and sodium which will definitely make you gain weight. Adding sour cream and onion to this mix makes it worse because it becomes extra saturated with trans fats and MSG.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.