Some of the items on this list may surprise you, but these are the 10 foods you should not eat. There are many other foods you should not eat, but these are alarmingly unhealthy! Keep in mind for a 2000 calorie-a-day diet the total fat content should not be over 65 grams, with saturated fat not over 20 grams, and sodium should be limited to 2400 milligrams.
- Pepperidge Farm and Marie Calendar’s Chicken Pot Pies. Looking at the box you see between 510 to 520 calories and 9 to 11 milligrams of saturated fat, and 800 to 870 grams of sodium. What you don’t see right away is those figures are for only one-half of the pot pie. Eating one pie puts you at over 1000 calories, up to 22 milligrams of saturated fat, and over 1700 milligrams of sodium! Definitely a food you should not eat.
- ChocolateTowerTruffle from the Cheesecake Factory. Talk about a heart attack waiting to happen, these layers and layers of fudge cake, separated by chocolate truffle cream and chocolate mousse make up the Chocolate Tower Truffle. Remember an ordinary piece of plain cheesecake is already 610 calories and 29 grams of fat which is already extremely high. This delicious little Chocolate Tower Truffle is a whopping 1670 calories and 48 grams of fat, and a food you should not eat.
- Campbell’s Red and White Label Condensed Soups. You always thought soup was really healthy for you until you read the label from the red and white label condensed soups from Campbell’s. Each can is 2-1/2 servings and each serving contains 850 milligrams of sodium (salt)! So if you reach for that second bowl you have already consumed over two-thirds of your daily salt intake.
- Haagen Dazs Mint Chip Dazzler. If you get hungry for that little bowl of ice cream, this is not the one to reach for. A one-half cup serving (and who can stop at ½ cup!) has 1270 calories and 38 grams of saturated fat, which is two times your daily allotted saturated fat, which makes it a food you should not eat.
- Pillsbury’s Grand’s Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls with Icing. Just one of these tasty little cinnamon rolls has 310 calories, 2 grams of saturated fat, and 2-1/2 grams of trans-fat, and, don’t forget about the six teaspoons of sugar in each one!!
- Marie Calendar’s Herb Roasted Chicken. This tasty chicken and potatoes has 670 calories in one serving and an enormous 31 grams of fat and 15 grams of saturated fat. It also has 2100 milligrams of sodium.
- Starbuck’s Venti White Chocolate Mocha. This delicious drink made by Starbuck’s is a whopping 500 calories, 22 grams of fat and 14 grams of saturated fat, with an additional ½ gram of trans-fat. In addition to all of that, it has 59 grams of sugar in one 16-ounce cup. Make it with no fat milk and no whipping cream and you will save 150 calories, otherwise it is not a wise choice and a food you should not eat.
- Three McDonald’s Premium Chicken Breast Strips. While these strips may taste delicious, they have 400 calories and 24 grams of fat of which 3-1/2 grams are saturated fat. In addition the strips have 1010 milligrams of sodium! And this is all before they are even dipped in your favorite dip.
- King Size Serving Burger King French Fries. The king size serving of Burger King fries has 642 calories, 34 grams of fat, 8 grams of saturated fat, and 10 grams of trans-fat!! In addition they have 883 milligrams of sodium and 81 grams of carbs. (And remember, this is without the burger.)
- Olive Garden’s Tour of Italy. This meal of homemade lasagna, Fettuccine Alfredo and chicken parmesan starts out with 1450 calories, not counting anything else you may eat with it like breadsticks or salad. It has 74 grams of fat and 33 grams of saturated fat. It also has 3830 milligrams of sodium and 97 grams of carbs. Instead of eating this food you should not eat, order their shrimp Primavera or Sicilian shrimp and save 950 calories!!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.