These 10 forgotten songs of the '90s once were huge hits played on radio waves across the country. Now, the songs have been placed in the vault of annoying tunes and are only resurrected on rare occasions. You may have been avoiding these tunes, but once you hear their names again, you will remember these songs from the '90s.
- “Macarena” This dance song and its accompanying hand routine had the country doing the "Macarena" at parties, gatherings, and even school P.E. classes. Luckily, the fad was over as quickly as it came.
- “Tubthumping” Chumbawumba was a popular band with now forgotten songs from the '90s. “Tubthumping,” or better known as “I Get Knocked Down,” got scores of people drunk back in the '90s. Now, it’s hardly ever played on the radio.
- “La Vida Loca” Ricky Martin was all the rage back in the late 1990s, and this Latin hit was one of his most famous songs. Never mind that all his tunes sounded the same; this song was hugely popular on the radio and then quickly became forgotten.
- “MMMBop” Hanson was quite the musical act back in the '90s, coming onto the scene right about the time when the boy band craze hit. Their most famous single, “MMM Bop” had some pretty simple lyrics. The song flooded the airwaves, but soon the boys and this song faded into relative obscurity.
- “Barbie Girl” This song by Aqua had all the popular girls singing, “I’m a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world.” Listening to the entire high-pitched song, however, was quite painful, and the song became a forgotten tune of the '90s.
- “Ice, Ice Baby” Vanilla Ice was a huge rap figure back in the early '90s. Now, you very rarely hear the song unless you’re trying to specifically mock the 1990s. In fact, you hardly ever hear this song played even in jest.
- “Show Me Love” Robyn was a pop sensation back in the '90s with her single, “Show Me Love.” Robyn didn’t survive the '90s, however, and she quickly dropped off the face of the earth, making the tune a forgotten song of the '90s.
- “Blue” The main lyrics to this Eiffel 65 song were “Blue da ba dee da ba die.” It’s no wonder people soon tried to forget this '90s tune and never played it on the radio anymore. Eiffel 65 quickly became a one-hit wonder in the U.S.
- “I Do” 98 Degrees was the least famous of all boy bands, far behind Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC. The song “I Do" and the boys themselves quickly faded into obscurity. Their only current claim to fame is Nick Lachey and his past marriage to Jessica Simpson.
- “Lovefool” This single by the Cardigans was an infectious song that quickly catapulted the band to fame. By the late '90s, however, the band faded out, and the song was soon absent on the radio.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!