This article will provide you with ten free running tips. Running is a great form of cardiovascular exercise, and can be done by almost anyone. Try these free running tips out today!
- Wear the right shoes. Choosing and wearing the right running shoes can not only prevent against injury, but can increase athletic performance.
- Drink plenty of water. Inadequate hydration can lead to impaired performance, dizziness, lightheadedness, or even hospitalization.
- Tell someone where you are running. This way, if you don't return within a reasonable amount of time, the authorities will at least have an idea of your last location.
- Start slowly. Don't try to run a marathon on the first day, start by running one mile, and then slowly building your endurance.
- Run with a friend. This will engage your mind more than running alone, and will make the miles pass by more quickly.
- Map your run. Make sure you know where you will be running before you actually start in order to prevent wrong turns.
- Be aware of traffic. While you may be on the lookout for cars, they may not be necessarily watching for you. Make sure to be aware of surrounding traffic at all times.
- Stretch before your run. Researchers have found that stretching is not only good for preventing injury, but can also improve athletic performance when done on a regular basis.
- Use the talk test method. If you are able to talk during your run, you are exercising at a good intensity. If this is too difficult, slow down your speed to a more reasonable pace.
- Have fun! Running is a great form of exercise, but should also be enjoyable.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
14 Movies You Must See in 2014
The cinematic calendar promises sex addicts, sexy vampires, sexy co-eds, Sundance splashes and artfully concocted big-budget fare.