10 Freestyle Skateboarding Tricks
If you are interested in becoming a skateboarder, then you need to know 10 freestyle skateboarding tricks. These are all the tricks every new skateboarder should know how to do if you want to not look like a completely new skateboarder to all of your friends!
- The Ollie. The first trick that you need to know how to do is the Ollie. This is simply a jump that can be used to setup for other tricks such as a kick flip or heel flip.
- The Kick flip. This is the king of all flip tricks. You will have to know how to Ollie before attempting it, but once you do you will be well on your way to figuring out more difficult flip tricks. To do it, simply kick the front of the board with your front foot and make the board flip.
- The 360. This is a simple full circle spin that adds flair to any freestyle skateboarding trick. Make sure you have enough air before trying to pull of this freestyle skateboard trick, because simply doing an Ollie will not get you enough for a successful 360.
- The Indy. This is one of the main grab tricks for because it is pretty basic. Simply get good air, preferably while freestyling on a ramp, and reach down and grab the board in the middle. The most effective way to do this freestyle skateboard trick is bending at your back.
- The Frontside Boardslide. Probably the easiest grinding freestyle skateboard move to accomplish. To do it ,simply jump at the surface you are attempting to grind on and slide on the front side of your board.
- The 50-50 Grind. This grind freestyle skateboarding trick is a little bit more difficult than the frontside boardslide. You will want to follow the same setup as the frontside boardslide, but instead of hitting the surface on the front, you want to hit it under your board equally between your two feet.
- The Heel flip. This is basically just a variation of the kick flip freestyle skateboarding trick, but you want instead flip the back of the board using your back foot. It is simply a way to change things up in your free styling.
- The Double Kick flip. This freestyle skateboarding trick is just what it sounds like. To do it, your end result will be doing a regular kickflip, but the board flipping twice before you land on it. Be sure to be very fluent at kick flipping before attempting this trick.
- The Melon. One of the more advanced grab freestyle skateboarding tricks, the Melon can be hard to pull off. Once again, make sure you have a lot of air. To do it, simply bend both your knees and grab the board, pushing it out in front of you while holding onto it and hold it there for as long as you can.
- The Impossible. Aptly named, once you can pull the trick off, you will have definitely gained some credit. To do it, you need to do a kickflip but spin the board around your front foot while doing it and land it!