10 Frugal Date Ideas
Here are 10 frugal date ideas for anyone who is on a budget. These frugal date ideas may be cheap, but they will be sure to make your date happy nonetheless.
- Have a picnic in the park. This is a very romantic frugal date idea. Take a stroll through the paths of a park, set up a blanket, and enjoy a lovely picnic in the nice weather.
- Go bowling. Whether your good at it or not, bowling is always fun. Take your date to the local bowling alley for a couple games and tons of fun, without spending a lot of money.
- Go hiking. If you and your date are both outdoorsy, consider going for hike. This frugal date idea costs next to nothing, although you may want to bring a snack to share once you make it up the mountain.
- Enjoy conversation and coffee. Local, independent coffee shops are great places to meet up with a date. A cup of coffee or tea is not more than a couple bucks, so you'll have money for a dessert to share with your date, too.
- Play pool at a dive bar. If you like going out for drinks on a date but don't have a lot of cash to spare, check out the local dive bar and challenge your date to a game of pool. This frugal date idea is sure to be fun.
- Go sledding in the winter. If your going on your date on a snowy day or evening, go sledding. Remember how much fun sledding was when you were a kid? This frugal date idea will still be tons of fun for you and your date.
- Take a tour of a vineyard or brewery. Enjoy a tour of a local vineyard or brewery with your date. It will be interesting, yet you won't have to spend a lot of cash.
- Have a movie night at home. Rent a few films, buy a bag of popcorn, and cuddle on the couch with your date for a lot less money than you would spend at the movie theatre.
- Go see a local band. This is an awesome frugal date idea for any music lover. Go see your favorite local band or one you never heard of - either way, it'll give you and your date something to talk about after.
- Volunteer together. Volunteer with your date at a local soup kitchen or at a local fair or event and explore each of your compassionate sides.
Posted on: Apr. 29, 2010