When comprising 10 Frugal Dinner Ideas, keep it simple. Great meals are possible without having to breaking the bank. This list of choices introduces a variety of different and unique dishes.
- Chicken and potatoes casserole. This nutritious dish is a frugal dinner idea crowd pleaser. Prepare three potatoes by washing, peeling and cubing. Place cubed potatoes in a medium sized casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray and season with oil, salt and pepper, parsley and garlic powder. Then prepare boneless chicken thighs by washing under cold water. Place the chicken thigh pieces in the casserole on the top of the cubed potatoes. Season chicken thighs with soy sauce, lemon juice, Tabasco sauce, teriyaki sauce, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Place chicken and potatoes casserole in a 350 degree oven for about one and half hours.
- Beef stew. For those cold and rainy days, a great comfort food as well as an ideal frugal dinner idea. Prepare by sauteing stew meat and then adding cubed potatoes, chopped carrots, celery, and onions. Add water, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, paprika, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for approximately 35 minutes. Then blend cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add the cornstarch mixture to the stew. Allow stew to simmer, once stew gravy has thickened, Bon Appetite!
- Ground Meat and potatoes. A delicious comfort food dish that is very easy to prepare. In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, place ground chuck, crumble up the ground chuck into small pieces. Remove the ground chuck to drain the excess grease, once it has browned. Then place browned meat back into a clean skillet and while stirring, add water, packet of brown gravy mix and gravy master to the browned meat. Once the gravy has thickened, reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with mashed potatoes or your favorite vegetable. A frugal dinner idea that tastes amazing.
- Meat Loaf. Served hot or cold, this frugal dinner idea taste great. Meat loaf is a great go to recipe to prepare on a busy day. Prepare by placing ground chuck in a large mixing bowl, add egg, Italian bread crumbs, parsley flakes, oregano, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, chopped onion and salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Then transfer the mixed meat loaf ingredients into a casserole dish and shape into an oval. Add of water into the casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for one and one-half hours. Serve with a vegetable.
- Sloppy Joes. A tasty and easy meal to prepare that the whole family will enjoy. Place ground chuck in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; crumble up the ground chuck into small pieces. Remove the ground chuck once it has browned to drain the excess grease. Then place browned meat back into a clean skillet. While stirring, add water, tomato paste and packet of sloppy joe mix, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer eight to ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve this great frugal dinner Idea on an opened kaiser roll alone or with a vegetable or side salad.
- Ziti and Meatballs. A traditional Italian dinner is another great choice for a frugal dinner idea. Homemade Italian sauce with meatballs is easy to prepare or if you prefer, buy the prepared tomato sauce and meatballs from your local grocer.
- Lasagna. Lasagna can be prepared homemade rather cheaply or purchased at the grocer. A delicious Italian meal that is a great frugal dinner idea, serve with a side salad and homemade garlic bread.
- Scallops. Scallops require very little preparation and are a delicious frugal dinner idea. Place scallops in casserole, add lemon juice, paprika and white wine. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with baked potato and enjoy!
- Chef Salad. A chef salad created with an endless array of ingredients is a classic and very nutritious frugal dinner idea. With meat, chicken, or seafood, a chef salad can serve as a satisfying but light main dish. Serve with a salad dressing of your choice.
- Pizza. A traditional favorite is a frugal dinner idea that needs no introduction–great served with no toppings or with toppings of pepperoni, mushrooms, garlic or whatever you choose.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …