10 Frugal Tips For 2010
Need to know 10 frugal tips for 2010? In these days of economic instability, it's more important than ever to learn how to live a frugal life. Here are 10 frugal tips to help you save money every way you can, without sacrificing your quality of life.
- Clip coupons. This frugal tip may take a bit of time, but it will be worth it. Check out websites that allow you to choose and print your own coupons, and take them shopping with you. A little careful planning and coupon clipping could easily cut your grocery bill in half.
- Buy in bulk. For this frugal tip, consider joining a club food store that allows you to buy in bulk. If you buy non-perishable items in bulk, you will save money and reduce your trips to the store.
- Shop second-hand. Need clothes, home items, or furniture? Start your shopping by looking at a second-hand store or a thrift store. It may take a bit of time and patience to sift through all the racks, but you could save a lot of money with this frugal tip.
- Check out garage sales. Garage sales are very common in the summer months, and can have great bargains. Check your newspaper for nearby garage sales, and plan your trips ahead of time. Don't be afraid to negotiate for lower prices; you may be able to get an even better deal.
- Be green. This frugal tip is simple: save water, change your light bulbs to high-efficiency bulbs, drive more economically, etc. All of these frugal tips will save you money in the long run.
- Re-use items. Look for ways to re-use items around the house. Rinse out water bottles and use them again, use old newspaper to wrap presents, etc. Re-using items will help save you money.
- Buy online. Some websites offer great deals and even free shipping on certain items. You can find items that you may not find in everyday stores. You will be able to save money, and not even leave your house! That is definitely being frugal!
- Save money on utilities. The next time you are buying appliances, spend a little extra to buy energy-efficient ones. This frugal tip will save you money in the long run and will help you for years. Call your utility company and see if it offers incentives for changing your appliances out for more efficient ones.
- Save gas. If you own a car, make the gas in your tank last longer. Accelerate slowly, coast as far as possible, and use the cruise control for long drives. These are all great options to help you save money on gas.
- Eat in. Buy a cookbook and learn a few great recipes that you can count on. Instead of eating out for a special treat, eat in. Candles, nice china and a bottle of wine can go a long way. You will save money with this frugal tip and enjoy the dining experience a lot more if you make food yourself.
These frugal tips will help you save money and enjoy your life a lot more. It's not hard to live a frugal lifestyle, it just takes a bit of effort. Follow these tips and you will start noticing extra money in your pocket in no time.