10 Frugal Tips For Saving Money
Watching out for our money is something we all have to do these days. Here you will find 10 frugal tips for saving money that will help you in your quest to pocket more of your hard-earned cash to either pay some additional bills or occasionally have enough extra for a night out or for a purchase that you have been wanting or needing to make.
- Your grocery buying is perhaps one of the major things that you have control over. Be willing to look it over with the expectation of making some cuts.
- Watch the sales and the "buy one get one free" items for those articles that you would purchase anyway.
- Decide that your menu for each week will encompass the main courses, produce, frozen foods, canned and jarred goods, etc. that are on sale. The "money saved" on the bottom of your receipt will give you a boost that you are moving in the right direction.
- Go to the dollar store for household cleaners, paper goods, greeting cards, and many other necessary purchases and save a lot of money.
- Buy "mix and match" clothes so that a change of shirts with a basic color suit will look like you have a variety of outfits.
- Spend dry cleaning money on just the suits and buy wash-and-wear fabrics for everything else so that a full tub of washed clothes will result in a clean wardrobe. Just remember to take shirts out of the dryer in approximately twenty minutes and immediately hang them up to prevent wrinkles.
- Watch for sales at your nearby office supplies store when you need reams of paper, printer cartridges, file folders, envelopes, pens, and other home office needs.
- Don't pay extra fees at ATMs that are not located at your bank. If necessary, go inside and do your business so that you are not hit with these charges that can add up.
- Be sure to pay your credit card bills on time so that you won't have to pay the outrageous late fees that most banks are charging.
- If your only old television has given out and you just "must" replace it, give up the idea of a large fancy new-fangled one. Instead, find a nearby private reputable television repair business and see if they've gotten a trade-in that is in excellent condition that will not only update what you had before but will save you hundreds of dollars in the process.
These are just some of the frugal tips for saving money that will allow you to survive comfortably on a restricted budget