There is such a variety to choose from, that picking 10 fun country songs, while maybe not simple, offers a fun romp through country music. Country music is known for poking fun at various aspects of our lives, and many songs have remained popular for a long time. You can tell just from the titles of the songs that they are full of fun lyrics, and many top artists have enjoyed singing these "ditties" and seeing them played for many years and knowing that they bring humor into listeners' lives.
- "That's My Story, And I'm Sticking To It" was only one of Jimmy Buffett's popular songs. This song gives excuses but has a "twist". Jimmy's career of over 40 years has seen the release of over 30 studio albums, He tries hard to please the fans of his Caribbean laid-back music who are called "parrotheads".
- "Mama Get The Hammer (There's A Fly On Papa's Head)" is a funny Italian-flavored novelty song by Lou Monte. He is actually a serous vocalist but is better known for this type of song.
- "My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend (And I Sure Do Miss Him)" was co-written by Wayne Carter and Vern Stoval. It was said to be a humorous look at male bonding in boyhood times. You wouldn't expect him to miss his friend more than his wife!
- "I'm So Miserable Without You (It's Almost Like You're Here)" was co-written and sung by Billy Ray Cyrus. This is another fun twist on missing someone, and yet it states that having that person here is miserable as well!
- "Bubba Shot The Jukebox" was sung by Mark Chesnutt. Mark's all-American favorite standards are spit polished and sung with grit like this one about Bubba shooting the jukebox because it played a song that made him cry!
- "She Got the Goldmine (I Got the Shaft)" was written and performed by the popular Jerry Reed. It was released in August 1995 on RCA Records. It is a typical story of how a man often gets "the short end of the stick" upon divorce.
- "If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body, Would You Hold It Against Me?" was the first No. One hit for The Bellamy Brothers. This song was released in 1979, and reached number one on the Billboard magazine Hot Country Singles chart. This song presents a fun image of what to do with a beautiful body!
- "What Part of No Don't You Understand?" was a popular song and the biggest hit for Lorrie Morgan. It is one of the many songs still being sung today. It was on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart as Number One for three weeks in 1993. This song is aimed to the person who just will not take "no" as an answer.
- "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems" catapulted Kenny Chesney into the big leagues. Kenny has made most of his songs about the islands and this fun song shows how easy island life is.
- "All My Exes Live in Texas (That's Why I Hang My Hat in Tennessee)" was sung by George Strait. George has had over 50 number one songs in his long and successful career. This one, of course, talks about escaping his ex-wives by living in another state.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.