10 Fun Dating Ideas
Here are 10 fun dating ideas for the singles out there to keep in mind as you plan your next date. Most men find it easy to come up with creative ideas for their first handful of dates with a woman, but for couples who have been dating for a while, new ideas are a little harder to come by. To keep your dating relationship fresh and exciting, try one of the following suggestions.
- Stargazing Nothing is more romantic than a date night under the stars. Romance is always fun! Wait for a clear, dark night or a spectacular meteor shower. Bring a cozy blanket, binoculars and something to drink. Cuddle up together under the night sky and take turns wishing upon the stars.
- Dance lessons Are you and your date ready to get close? Sign up for dance lessons. Although dance lessons can be a little too intimidating for a first date, they can be a lot of fun for couples who have been dating for a while. Swing and salsa are two good choices or have some fun with a hip-hop class.
- Book a date Are you book lovers? Make a date at the bookstore. You can learn a lot about someone by the books she is drawn to. Wander through the store together until you find a book that interests both of you. Then move to a cozy nook and read the book together or visit the travel section and plan your dream vacation.
- Clown around Want to feel like a kid again? Take your date to a local costume shop and have fun trying on different costumes, wigs and masks. Be a clown, a pirate or a superhero. Bring a camera along and document the with lots of pictures.
- Geocaching For adventure-seekers, an outdoor treasure hunt is a fun idea. Geocaching is high-tech hide-and-seek designed for adventurers with GPS devices. How does it work? Search for hidden treasures (geocaches) outdoors and share your experiences online. Treasures are often hidden in parks and recreation areas, which is perfect for a picnic lunch. Visit the official GPS cache hunt website to plan your date. Simply type “geocaching” into your favorite search engine.
- Tandem bicycle tour If you and your date enjoy bike rides, consider trying a bicycle built for two. Visit a local bicycle shop and rent a tandem bike for the day. Enjoy a scenic ride through the park, travel together along the beach or just explore the town. Stop at a coffee shop, have lunch at a nice café and just enjoy spending time together.
- Canoes and kayaks Warm summer days are ideal for a canoe ride. Rent a two-person canoe for the day and enjoy a leisurely ride on the lake or river. Don’t forget to pack drinks and snacks and remember to bring the sunscreen. This is a great way to enjoy nature and each other.
- Frisbee golf If both of you enjoy sports dates, try an afternoon of Frisbee golf. It’s a fun way to spend some time outside together without paying expensive greens fees and hauling around heavy golf bags. Play official disc golf at a managed course or use your imagination with a few Frisbees at a city park or on the beach.
- Pick-your-own fruit For something truly different, visit a “U-Pick” farm and spend a few hours picking fruit and sampling nature’s goodness. This date is educational because you will learn something new. And the best part is the time you and your date will spend talking and getting to know each other. To find a local U-Pick farm, type “pickyourown” in the search bar of your favorite internet browser.
- Private drive-in movie There aren’t many drive-ins around today, but it’s not hard to create your own private drive-in for two. Find a nice place to park--the woods, the beach or a hill overlooking the city. Use a box to elevate a portable DVD player or laptop computer. Make sure the battery is fully charged. Bring some popcorn, soda water and candy. Then climb into the backseat for some snuggle time, a good movie and a really fun date.