A music powerhouse for five decades and tabloid fixture since the 1980's, there are plenty more than 10 fun facts about Michael Jackson. The King of Pop left behind a legacy of genius and weirdness that could fill an entire volume of encyclopedias; these are just some interesting tidbits you can drop the next time a conversation turns to MJ.
- Airplanes made Michael Jackson just a little crazy. A fun fact about Michael Jackson is that he was afraid of flying, strange for a man who spent decades criss-crossing the globe to play concerts.
- Michael Jackson's children will never be "Home Alone." Macaulay Culkin, who appears in the video for "Black or White" is the godfather of Jackson's children.
- What do Michael and Thomas Edison have in common? (Hint: It's not their Moonwalking ability. ) Answer: They're both inventors! Michael Jackson patented the anti-gravity bend seen in the video for "Smooth Criminal."
- Michael wasn't kidding around when he sang songs for a rat ("Ben") and a whale ("Will You Be There" from Free Willy). Another fun fact about Michael Jackson is that he loved animals, and, like his collaborator Paul McCartney, was a vegetarian.
- Michael Jackson was ironic! He showed up to his child abuse trial wearing pajamas.
- The King of Pop may have preferred Coca-Cola products after his hair caught fire while filming a commercial for Pepsi in another sad, but fun fact about Michael Jackson.
- Elvis was his dad. The King of Pop and The King himself were family members for a brief time when Jackson married Lisa Marie Presley.
- Michael Jackson had old lady habits. In another odd but fun fact about Michael Jackson, he used to go to the movies every Thursday with his celebrity pal Elizabeth Taylor.
- Jackson lived with a zoo. MJ complemented his zoo-like life with an actual zoo at his Neverland Ranch,. He owned llamas, sheep, snakes, and a pet monkey named Bubbles.
- He had enemies. Thanks to the child abuse allegations and his ever-changing face, Jackson had a slew of haters. He didn't get jaded though; another fun fact about Michael Jackson is that his favorite phrase was "I love you."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?