10 Fun First Date Ideas
If you are considering asking a new person out, check out these 10 fun first date ideas to help break the ice. First dates shouldn’t be too expensive, because you don’t know if the relationship will amount to anything yet. Use the date to decide whether the person is someone that you are interested in seeing again. These fun first date ideas can help you make that decision.
- See a movie. This is one of the most popular ideas for a fun first date. Ask the person you are taking out what kind of movies she likes. This will also help you find out whether you have the same taste in movies, which is one way to see if you have some things in common.
- Go out to dinner. Taking someone out to dinner can be a fun first date. Go to a moderately expensive restaurant, but not the best one in town. Ask your date what type of food she likes before you go out, so you do not make the date a disaster by picking the wrong kind of restaurant.
- Have a picnic. Pack a picnic lunch and go to a park for a fun first date. You may want to take a frisbee with you if the person is the athletic type.
- Head to the beach. If you live near a beach, this is a fun way to spend a first date. Take an umbrella, some beach chairs and towels and some food with you so the date will be a smooth one.
- Go to a concert. If you and your date like the same kind of music, going to a concert is a fun first date idea. Concerts are exciting, so you will be able to get an idea of your date’s personality while you watch her at the concert.
- Go to a party. Taking a date to a party is a way to have other people around to help break the ice. Don’t ignore your date at the party or your first date may end up being your last with her.
- See a sports game. Take your date to a professional sports game, or just play a sport with her if she is athletic. Soccer and miniature golf are fun sports to play with a date.
- Visit an amusement park. Going on a roller coaster is a fun way to get to know your date. Don’t go on any rides unless you both like them, or you may make your date mad or uncomfortable.
- Go sailing. Going for a sail is a fun first date idea. Ask your date if she gets seasick or does not like the water before you make your plans.
- Check out a festival. A Renaissance faire or music festival can be a fun way to get to know someone on a first date. Your date will know you are creative when you take her to a festival instead of out on a dinner date.