10 Fun Songs To Play On Guitar
If you know 10 fun songs to play on guitar, you may have a great head start when it comes to entertaining others. Each of the songs listed below is wildly popular because of its originality and cool sound, and anyone listening will certainly be impressed by your ability to play these tunes. Most of them are acoustic, but some of them sound better when played on the eclectic guitar with an amplifier. The following are ten fun songs to play on guitar, which can be learned at home by listening and playing along or by reading tablature.
- "Stairway to Heaven" Led Zeppelin This is one of the most fun songs to play on guitar and listen to. It has a slow strumming sound until near the end when things begin to get a little more rowdy and the guitarist plays hard.
- "Sweet Home Alabama" Lynyrd Skynyrd This tune is both easy to play and very fun to listen to. It fits very well into festive events and it has a very lively sound to it.
- "American Pie" Don McLean "American Pie" is a time-tested favorite. Strumming varies throughout the song and it is fun to hear and play on guitar.
- "Paint It Black" The Rolling Stones "Paint It Black" has a very original sound that is fun to play when you can get it down. You will really need to be able to bend the strings like Keith Richards to perfect this tune, but with practice, that shouldn't be too hard.
- "The Ballad of Curtis Loew" Lynyrd Skynyrd You must be able to utilize the slide guitar technique to play this song, but if you can get it down, it is one of the most fun songs to play on guitar. It has a really cool country/southern sound that somehow enters the realm of the blues.
- "Heart of Gold" Neil Young "Heart of Gold" is pretty easy to play and it is a great song to listen to. For a complete song, learn to play the harmonica as you slowly strum.
- "Purple Haze" Jimi Hendrix This is a great bluesy guitar song to play that is very lively and fun for anyone around. The chords are fairly simple as well.
- "The Times They are A-Changin'" Bob Dylan This is another song that is complemented by the harmonica, but its basic chords and catchy, controversial lyrics make it one of the most fun songs to play on guitar.
- "Hot for Teacher" Van Halen With a basic, but somewhat fast-paced guitar rhythm, this song is great if you can use an electric, as you can make your own solos. Being able to sing like David Lee Roth is also a plus.
- "Uncle John's Band" Grateful Dead This is a fun song to play on guitar. It has basic strumming and precise picking to give it a laid-back feel.
Any audience will be happy to listen to you if you play these song and none of them are too difficult to learn at home if you look at tabs and listen to the songs as you practice them.