10 Fun Things To Do On A Rainy Day
Here are 10 fun things to do on a rainy day when your outdoor plans have been detoured. When you find yourself with a date and no cemented plans, don't fret- your spontaneity will win her over.
- Stay home and watch movies. Yes, an obvious choice, but do it better than anyone else. Show your date how thoughtful you are by encouraging her to pick out her favorite movies, all while showing your enthusiasm over her choices. Go get great snacks and amazing take-out food to really make it an event. Throw some ambiance in there with candles and wine.
- Cook a meal together. It doesn't matter if you are not particularly skilled in this area. Have fun with it and learn together. Cooking is a fun thing to do on a rainy day and a great way to get to know one another.
- Take a walk. Getting wet together is romantic. If she is worried about her hair, make her laugh and help her to forget about it. Go somewhere picturesque, such as along a harbor.
- Find an indoor ice-skating rink. Ice skating is something you don't do everyday and can be a fun thing to do on a rainy day. All the better if one or both of you can't skate. She won't hold it against you and the laughter will bring you closer.
- Go to a dive bar. There is something that invokes fond memories about bonding that occurs in a tiny neighborhood watering hole. Odd experiences in a less than savory bar are great to talk about later. Jukeboxes are always a fun way to kill a few hours while sipping a beer.
- Play board games. Find mutual favorites and get competitive! Share your favorite music while you play. This is a mellow but fun thing to do on a rainy day.
- Play charades. This works better if there are more than two people involved, but is definitely a fun thing to do on a rainy day. Anything that gets you laughing and busts through inhibitions like this is a good choice.
- Go whale watching. If you happen to live near a harbor where whale watching boats regularly take tours, this is an adventurous outing for a rainy day.
- Visit an art museum. Check out what is going on at your local museum with a quick perusal online. This is fairly inexpensive and shows that you are culturally inclined.
- Listen to the rain and share photographs with each other. Talk about experiences related to the photographs and the people you have known.
Posted on: Oct. 18, 2010