It only takes a little bit of tuning into a country music station, to hear some of the funniest country song titles. There is no equivalent in the music world when it comes to country music’s titles and lyrics. Throughout the years, country music singers have used music as a way to deal with life’s little obstacles. Take a look at the top ten funniest country music titles ever written.
- "Mama get the hammer (there’s a fly on papa’s head)" by Lou Monte Papa needs to get out of this house, before a spider wonders onto his lap!
- "Thank God and Greyhound" by Roy Clark When there’s trouble in your life, it is good to know that God and Greyhound are playing for the same team.
- "I'll Marry You Tomorrow, But Let's Honeymoon Tonight" by Joe Stampley Tell the country music world Joe, how many women have actually fallen for this line?
- "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" by Trace Adkins This is the country music equivalent of Sir-Mix-Alot's “Baby Got Back”
- "You’re The Reason Our Kids Are Ugly" by Conway Twitty He didn’t really mean ugly, what he meant to say was really good personalities.
- "You Can’t Have Your Kate (and Edith Too)" by The Statler Brothers There are a few guys that would disagree with these brothers, Hefner has room for Kate, Edith and their best friend.
- "I’m Gonna Hire a Wino to Decorate Our Home" by David Frizzell and Shelly West What a wonderful idea, cardboard boxes are so under-appreciated in the decorating world.
- "If I Can't Be Number One In Your Life, Then Number Two On You" by Mel Tillis It could have been worse, at least Mel said it politely.
- "A lil’ Ole Bitty Pissant Country Place" by Dolly Parton Dolly please don’t hold back, tell everyone how you really feel about that country place.
- "If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me" by The Bellamy Brothers How long did it take to come up with this cheesy pick up line?
Being able to laugh is one way of dealing with tough situations, and the country music world sure knows how to do this. They say that laughter is the best medicine. If that is true, country music singers must never get sick.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.