Comedy is timeless, and that is proven looking back on the ten funniest movie quotes of the '90s. Some of these classics are still just as popular today, while others will bring back fond memories of a different decade. Of course humour varies from person to person, but overall these movie quotes will elicit at least a chuckle.
- "Mama always said, life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." "Forrest Gump" became an instant favorite, and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who won't crack a smile over Tom Hanks's simple words of advice or innocent mindset to life.
- "You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good." "Men in Black" is a great '90s movie, not only because it stars '90s child Will Smith. but because it's got aliens and secret government conspiracies and some of the funniest movie quotes. What more could you want?
- "We've got cows!" "Twister" was celebrated during its release for its special effects, but how can anyone forget one of the funniest movie quotes of this action-adventure? An exclamation that has yet to die off, a cow flying around a tornado may not have made much sense, but it sure was funny.
- "The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club!" This cult favorite is not quite as funny as its counterparts, and in fact is much darker and violent. But perhaps that's why it stands out, because the humor is that much more appreciated.
- "It's Wayne's World, Wayne's World, party time, excellent!" The classic slacker guy movie, "Wayne's World" instantly became a favorite with its slapstick humor and great movie quotes.
- "Show me the money!" "Jerry Maguire" had a little more heart than the standard comedies of the time but the romance, sports, and sudden moral insights made this '90s film funny with a sweet twist. A great movie quote that is still shouted today.
- "Yeah, baby!" It may be for the best that the golden age of Austin Powers has come and gone, because there was only so much more we could take of everyone using a terrible accent to quote Mike Myers. This shagalicious man was the star of "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me", which spawned two sequels and hundreds of the funniest quotes that still live on today.
- "I believe you have my stapler." The movie that helped justify thousands of office workers' aggression, "Office Space" really got at the heart of the soulless cubicle existence while still giving hilarious characters and, perhaps, a desire to destroy company equipment.
- "You're a virgin who can't drive." "Clueless" might be geared more for the adolescent '90s girl, but it provided plenty of quote fodder for teens. Alicia Silverstone was the epitome of a privileged airhead, and her good intentioned mistakes alone keep the film a current classic. Besides, Brittany Murphy's movie quote is still just as biting today, and is fun to whip out at any opportunity.
"It puts the lotion in the basket!" Okay, so "The Silence of the Lambs" may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of funny, but most people who saw the '90s movie can't quote it today without laughing. A creepy crawly thriller that nevertheless had a couple of hilarious dialogue exchanges proves the funniest things can come from the darkest places.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …