10 Funny Business Quotes
The day-to-day grind often has its humorous side, and that's why these 10 funny business quotes will get your gut no matter who you work for! Business quotes often highlight the frivolous, childish, and sometimes ridiculous nature of modern-day white-collar work. So check out these funny business quotes and laugh off after a stressful day in the commute!
- "I understand small business growth. I was one." - George W. Bush. Oh what would we do without you GWB? Everyone's favorite President just has a way with words (and subsequently, business quotes). Take one from our enlightened leader, and be a 'business growth'.
- "There's no reason to be the richest man in the cemetery. You can't do any business from there." - Colonel Sanders. The Colonel is right. While many spend their lifetimes amassing fortunes that could feed the entire continent of Africa, Mr. Sanders thinks that money is ultimately unnecessary.
- "Advertising is legalized lying." - H.G. Wells. A hilarious take on marketing out of all the funny business quotes out there. Advertising, at its core, is quite a funny concept of manipulation, and H.G. Wells does good to point it out.
- "By working faithfully 8 hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work 12 hours a day." - Robert Frost. Interestingly enough, we work hard so that one day we may have to one day work harder. Granted this isn't usually the case, but it sheds some light on the more-often-than-not situation of middle management.
- "My son is now an 'entrepreneur'. That's what you're called when you don't have a job." - Ted Turner. The founder of CNN is a witty man, deep down. His business quotes serve to enlighten a generation of people overly optimistic about making money on their own.
- "In modern business it's not the crook who is to be feared most, it's the honest man who doesn't know what he is doing." - William Wordsworth. Funny to say the least, this quote takes a good jab at those Business majors out there who don't know what they want to do, so they just fall upon the profession perchance. Nonetheless, our economy does need them.
- "A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it." - Bob Hope. Funny-man Bob Hope always has a few quick quips up his sleeve. He appeared in 199 USO shows in his lifetime for the United States troops. Regardless of his career, Hope sure has some great business quotes.
- "Nothing is illegal if a hundred businessmen decide to do it." - Andrew Young. While it is true businessmen do play a vital part in our economy, it's obvious that many are corrupt and greedy. This funny quote from Andrew Young points out that, while government is in charge 'officially', corporations run things 'de facto'.
- "In this business it takes time to be really good, and by that time you're obsolete." - Cher. Of course Cher is talking about show business, but her business quotes can still be humorously applied to the workplace. By the time you get really good at your craft, the world has moved on to something else.
- "Corporation: An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce. Who can deny it? When a corporation commits a white-collar crime, no one cares. It's one of the many humorous business quotes, but a shocking reminder about the nature of modern business.
From the daily commute to the stage, from the corporation to the small start-up, business is funny. While many funny business quotes are somewhat somber, others can give everyone a good chuckle at the day-to-day lives of 9 to 5 life.