Having funny Christmas music playing is traditional in some household, and there are 10 funny Christmas lyrics worth listening to over the holidays. These songs are songs that must be heard repeatedly.
- "Grandma Got Run over by a Reindeer" by Elmo and Patsy. The premise of this song is Grandma drank too much egg nog and probably was drunk. The song sung by Elmo and Patsy has lyrics such as “Grandma got run over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas Eve. You can say there’s no such thing as Santa but as for me and grandpa we believe”.
- The South Park" rendition of "O' Holy Night". This classic was redone by Eric Cartman. The song starts out traditional and change course to a secular version with lyrics such as “ O holy night, the something, something, distance. It is the night with the Christmas trees and pie. Jesus was born, so I get presents thank you Jesus for my father”
- "Walking Round in Women's Underwear" by Bob Rivers. A singer known for having an eleven day marathon on the air until the Baltimore Orioles won their game. Funny lyrics are “lacy things the wife is missing, didn’t ask for her permission I’m wearin’ her clothes, her silk pantyhose, walkin’ round in women’s underwear”.
- "Cold Blooded Christmas" by John Lajoie. This song might be offensive to some, but many people find its Christmas lyrics funny. The song goes like this, “I was awoken by a noise near the Christmas tree, what it was I did not know. It was Santa Clause he was bringing me some gifts. Unfortunately I did not know that so I quietly snuck up behind him and I shot him five times in the back”.
- Jeff Foxworthy's rendition of "12 Days of Christmas". Song has the "12 days of Christmas" inspired by stereotypical redneck jokes. Funny lines include “wow somebody done been to the Walmart! Man, this is the stuff I got for Christmas. Well, you cleaned up! Whadya git? Five flannel shirts, four big mud tires, three shotgun shells".
- Bob Rivers's "12 pains of Christmas". It is a song that most people can relate to during the holiday season with lyrics such as “The second thing at Christmas that’s such a pain to me angry husband, rigging up the lights and finding a Christmas tree”.
- "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" by Gayla Peevey. This song comes in at number seven on the list with lyrics such as “I want a hippopotamus for Christmas, only a hippopotamus will do. Don’t want a doll, no dinky tinker toy. I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy”.
- "The Night Santa Went Crazy" by Weird Al Yankovic. These lyrics centered on the incarceration of Santa leaving his elves in a destitute state with funny lyrics such as “yes Virginia now Santa’s doing time in a federal prison for his infamous crime. Hey little friend now, don’t you cry no more tears. He’ll be out on good behavior in seven hundred more years".
- Here's your Sign Christmas is Done" by Bill Engvall. This song is full of funny lines such as “the other day I brought a wreath to go on our front door as I was walking out the store a man stopped me and said “hey, are you going to hang that on your door”? I said, ”No sir, it’s a Christmas toilet seat cover".
- Dominck the Donkey by Lou Monte. This song is filled with funny lines about a donkey who helps Santa give gifts to kids in Italy. Sample lyrics “It’s Dominick the donkey. (hee-haw, hee_haw) The Italian Christmas Donkey."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.