- "Caddyshack." Quite possibly the most quoted comedy of all time, "Caddyshack" benefits from a rock solid cast that includes Chevy Chase in his prime, Rodney Dangerfield, Bill Murray, and a massively underrated Ted Knight. Guaranteed to grab even the most jaded viewer's attention, the film is infinitely re-watchable and raucously funny.
- "Anchorman." Second only to "Caddyshack" with its list of memorable quotes, this esoteric Will Ferrell masterpiece is random, bizarre, and utterly hilarious. It also solidified Ferrell's inclusion on the A-list and kick-started the careers of a supporting cast that included Steve Carell and Paul Rudd.
"The Hangover." Due to positive word of mouth that spread like wildfire, "The Hangover" became an unexpected success in the summer of 2009. Director Todd Phillips famously waved his up-front fee for the film in order to obtain a cast that the studio objected to. He laughed all the way to the bank as the film shattered box office records- but not as hard as the audience who couldn't get enough of stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zach Galifianakis. "The Hangover" isn't just one of the funniest movies in recent memory, it's one of the funniest films ever made.
- "The Big Lebowski." The Coen brothers' tale of kidnapping and mistaken identity didn't receive a particularly warm reception when it was released in 1998. In the years since, the film has developed a passionate cult following and with good reason. It's relentlessly funny and oddly intelligent. Jeff Bridges' performance as "The Dude" is one of his most iconic and unforgettable.
- "Animal House." A one and a half hour showcase of John Belushi's brilliance, "Animal House" is an over-the-top and incredibly influential teen sex comedy that dropped jaws and tickled funny bones when it debuted in 1978. Setting the stage for every "fraternity vs. evil dean" comedy that's followed in its footsteps, there's still nothing that compares to the original.
- "Groundhog Day." There's not a single person on earth who's ever had a day more boring than Bill Murray's in "Groundhog Day." It's not that the day itself is remotely uneventful, it's that he's doomed to repeat it again and again and again until he learns a few important life lessons. There are many spiritual and philosophical questions raised by the story and Murray actually battled director Harold Ramis over the tone of the film. Murray wanted it to be a drama with comedic elements but Ramis maintained it functioned best as a comedy that made you think.
- "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." This charming John Hughes classic is not only good for a laugh, it could also serve as inspiration for a bored viewer to set out on their own impulsive adventure. After faking sick to stay home from school, Ferris sets in motion an amusing chain of events that serves as the basis for one of the 80's most memorable comedies.
- "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles." The chemistry between stars Steve Martin and John Candy is electric is this modern day odd-couple road movie. From one hilarious set piece to the next, the film's well-developed characters result in it being as touching as it is entertaining.
- "Blazing Saddles." Arguably the finest hour of director Mel Brooks. Brimming with satire, sight gags, and off the wall humor, "Blazing Saddles" has stood the test of time and continues to leave audiences in stitches.
- "This is Spinal Tap." The progenitor of the now infamous "mockumentary," Rob Reiner's look at the dysfunctional heavy metal act "Spinal Tap" on their "Smell the Glove" tour is exaggerated in content, but understated in its approach. There's no better cure for boredom than the misadventures of David, Nigel, Derek, and their endless supply of unlucky drummers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.