10 Funny 'Harry Potter' Quotes
If you like movies filled with magical powers, spells, witches and warlocks, then you’ll enjoy these 10 funny “Harry Potter” quotes. The main characters from this sensational franchise are Harry Potter, the boy who survived a lethal death spell, Ron Weasley, a mediocre student and a bit poor compared to the rest of the wizards, and Harry’s best friend, Hermione Granger, who is at the top of her class and shows amazing wizard skills.
- Harry Potter. "Messrs. Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs, offer their compliments to Professor Snape and request that he keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business." Harry was forced to read the note in front of Professor Snape, hilarious as this is a ten funny quote from “Harry Potter.”
- Ron Weasley. “Spiders... the spiders... they want me to tap-dance. And I don't want to tap-dance!” No, Ron’s not crazy. He’s just sleep talking, which makes him sound a little crazy.
- Hermione Granger. “You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!” Uh, she’s not talking about an insect but about the up-to-no-good student Malfroy.
- Harry Potter. “I didn't mean to blow her up, I just... lost control.” That’s what happens when a wizard doesn’t know how to use his wand.
- Ron Weasley. “She's gone mental, Hermione has. I mean, not that she wasn't always mental, but now it's out in the open for everyone to see!” Ron believes Hermione is a little out of her character, but his banter definitely earns the spot on the list of ten funny “Harry Potter” quotes.
- Hermione Granger. “Now if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed—or worse, expelled.” Yes, school comes before death for Hermiione, and this quote delivers as a fan favorite funny “Harry Potter” quote.
- Harry Potter. “You're always scared you chicken shit!” Yes, best friends do talk to each other this way.
- Ron Weasley. “I can't help it! I'm a red-headed, pimple-faced chicken shit virgin!” This was Ron’s reply to the quote above which is absolutely a funny “Harry Potter” quote.
- Hermione Granger. “Who cares? I mean, it's sort of exciting, isn't it, breaking the rules.” Totally out of character for Hermione, she’s straight as an arrow. Super fun!
- Harry Potter. “She should be out of hospital in a few days ... when she stops coughing up fur balls.” Hermione’s spells sort of took a wrong turn and made her into a cat. That’s definitely not something you hear everyday, which makes this a funny “Harry Potter” quote.