There are a bevy of Hollywood films that have the ability to supply at least ten funny quotes from movies. Below is a list of funny movie quotes dating all the way back to the 1970's.
- "Tropic Thunder" Starring Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downey Jr., this 2008 comedy was one of the funniest movies of the year. One of the best movie quotes came when Alpa Chino showed up to rescue Tugg Speedman, only to have Speedman say, "I'm a rooster illusionist."
- "Caddyshack" "I tell you, country clubs and cemeteries are the biggest wastes of prime real estate! Dead people? They don't want to be buried nowadays. Ecology,right? Ask Wang. He'll tell you. We just bought property behind the Great Wall. On the good side!" This is just one of dozens of funny quotes by Rodney Dangerfield's character, Al Czervik.
- "The Big Lebowski" One of the most underrated comedies of all-time, "The Big Lebowski" is another movie with a number of funny quotes. In one particular scene, Maude Lebowski asks the Dude what he does for recreation, only to have him reply: "Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
- "Airplane" One of the most popular comedies of the 1970's, "Airplane" remains a classic. In one scene where Rex Kramer attempted to motivate former pilot Ted Striker, he had this to say: "listen and you listen close: flying an airplane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put the baseball cards in the spokes."
- "Heartbreak Ridge" What's a Clint Eastwood flick without a memorable movie quote? Eastwood, playing Gunnery Sergeant Highway, introduced himself to his new platoon in the following manner: "My name's Gunnery Sergeant Highway and I've drunk more beer, banged more quiff, pissed more blood, and stomped more ass that all of you numbnuts put together."
- "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" This 1975 British comedy has some very memorable movie quotes; perhaps none more so then when King Arthur chopped off the Black Knight's arm, only to have him reply: "It's just a flesh wound."
- "Dumb and Dumber" After Lloyd trades their van for a moped, Harry exclaimed "Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!"
- "Old School" After singing at Blue's funeral, Hank the Tank (played by Will Ferrell) yells, "You're my boy, Blue! You're my boy!"
- " The 40 Year Old Virgin " "You know how when you grab a woman's breast… it feels like… a bag of sand." When those words were uttered by Andy Stitzer, his buddies immediately knew their loser co-worker had never been laid.
- "Love Actually" This star-studded romantic comedy had some very funny quotes. One that stands out is when aging pop star Billy Mack is on the radio station promoting his hit song when he gives the following advice: "Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they will give you them for free!"
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.