Most of the 10 funny rap videos are intentionally funny, but a few of them are funny by accident. A rapper can get so interested in making his point that he sometimes forgets to drop the sarcasm. But as long as the audience enjoys the top ten funny rap videos, then everything works out fine for everyone.
- "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (to Party!)" (1987) – The Beastie Boys. The Beastie Boys could make up almost the entire list of the top ten funny rap videos, but "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (to Party!)" (1987) is the one that actually makes the list. It is a low-budget video about a party that gets out of hand and the Beastie Boys are right in the middle.
- "The Gas Face" (1989) – 3rd Bass. Most of the 3rd Bass videos spent a great deal of time taking shots at other rappers. "The Gas Face" (1987) tried so hard to be edgy that it wound up being funny. It becomes especially funny when 3rd Bass starts beating on a three foot tall hammer wearing glasses meant to signify MC Hammer.
- "My Name Is" (1999) – Eminem. Many of Eminem's songs are sarcastic, so many of his videos are funny. "My Name Is" (1999) is his first video, and it belongs on the list of top ten funny rap videos. There is so much going on it can be hard to follow. Eminem dressing up like Marilyn Manson is one of the funnier images in the video.
- "Principal's Office" (1989). Young MC was one of the early rap pioneers in many ways. He wrote what is considered to be the first rap hit for Tone Loc with "Wild Thing"(1989), and then he made the first rap video that told a story with his own song "Principal's Office" (1989). It was a forgotten single for Young MC, but the video belongs on the top ten funny rap videos list.
- "Baby Got Back" (1992) – Sir Mix-a-Lot. What more do you need to say about a video other than Sir Mix-a-Lot spends most of the video sitting on a giant butt. The whole butt theme makes this video extremely funny.
- "Parents Just Don't Understand" (1988) – DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. This was the first hit for DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, and the imagery in the video would be a recurring theme for them. In this particular video, the lyrics lead to some funny scenes and the rap duo take full advantage of it.
- "Just a Friend" (1989) – Biz Markie. The first time you see the video for "Just a Friend" (1989) you are a bit speechless. But after a few more viewings, the humor of Biz Markie comes through and you know you are watching one of the top ten funny rap videos.
- "Average Homeboy" (1988) – Denny Blaze. Denny Blaze was a rapper that called himself Blazin Hazen. He created a demo video and started to circulate it long before the internet became popular. When the internet did become universally available, Blaze became a sensation with his extremely bad, but very funny, video for his song "Average Homeboy" (1988).
- "911 is a Joke" (1990) – Public Enemy. There is a good chance that Flavor Flav of Public Enemy never intended for his video for "911 is a Joke" (1990) to be funny, but the finished product usually makes the viewer laugh. It is difficult for someone with the persona of Flavor Flav to create a serious video, and he proves it with this song.
- "Without Me" (2002) – Eminem. This video is funny and fairly clever as Eminem plays a super hero that sets out to save the world from himself. There are some interesting camera angles and dancing that also make this video funny.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.