10 Funny Rhetorical Questions
Here are 10 funny rhetorical questions. A rhetorical question is a statement that is formulated as a question but that is not supposed to be answered. Rhetorical questions can have a persuasive or dramatic effect without the expectation of a reply. They have the ability to make people laugh so they’re always fun to ask. Provided below is a list of 10 questions you can ask that are sure to make your friends and family laugh.
- If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular? Its a little funny to think about this rhetorical question. Do you think we are all just lying to ourselves?
- Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations when smoking is prohibited there? This rhetorical question makes you stop and go, "Hmm." Those gas stations are just asking for it.
- When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say? I don't know what it would say but why would anyone want a picture of cheese?
- If you're sick, but you're on a plane, are you still under the weather? Either way, you’re still sick, which sucks no matter what way you look at it! This rhetorical question would be great to ask someone with a cold. It could brighten up their day.
- Do vegetarians eat animal crackers? Now here’s a good rhetorical question to ask a vegetarian. Try to imagine a vegetarian munching down on a cute little animal cracker -- that’s funny stuff.
- Why do they call them apartments when they are all stuck together? I know all of you apartment owners have asked yourself this rhetorical question at one point. I know we all wish they could be apart and we could get away from all those noisy neighbors.
- Why are there Interstate Highways in Hawaii? I mean come on! It’s an island for Pete’s sake! It’s a pretty funny rhetorical question to think about though.
- Why are there flotation devices under plane seats, instead of parachutes? With a flotation device you wait for the plane to actually crash to escape instead of just jumping out while its crashing. Now that’s funny.
- Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM? Watch out for blind drivers! They’re all over the place and they tend to fancy drive-up ATM's.
- If you see a heat wave, should you wave back? I’m not sure about this one, heat waves don’t seem very nice. Ask this funny rhetorical question to your friends on a hot day, you might get some laughs.