Whether you're throwing a party for a friend or just reminiscing, knowing 10 funny songs about friendship can add to your day. Many songs are melancholy or bittersweet, but few bring a grin or a giggle. Some of the songs listed here may remind you of your childhood, others are decidedly more grown-up, but all honor friendship in an off-beat, funny way.
- Themesong from "Garfield and Friends". A great kid's show theme that puts friendship in a nutshell. The lyrics list why friends are there ("To help you get started. To give you a push on your way.") and rely on visuals to reveal the double meanings. But even as a song alone, the grumbling of the curmudgeonly Garfield adds humor.
- Themesong from "H.R. Pufnstuf". "Who's your friend when things get rough? H.R. Pufnstuf!" This trippy little ditty will remind you of giddy childhood days, and you'll be able to enjoy the song on a new level. Also, any song with "Pufnstuf" is bound to be joke material.
- "You've Got a Friend in Me" (Theme song From "Toy Story") by Randy Newman. This song is more cute than laugh-out-loud funny, but has its moments. It reminds us that while "some other folks might be a little bit smarter . . .bigger and stronger too", we can stick by our friends. Sure to bring a grin.
- "The Road to Morocco"by Bob Hope and Bing Crosby (from "Road to Morocco"). Long before Buzz and Woody, the "Road Movies" of Bob and Bing ruled the silver screen. This funny song about two buddies on their way to Morocco and the sights they'll see (or say they saw) is classic and classy. Well worth a trip down memory lane.
- "I'll be There For You" by the Rembrandts. (Theme song from "Friends") "Your mother warned you there'd be days like these." This funny song takes the "it's funny because it's true" route allowing us to laugh at the daily grind and be glad there are friends to share the load.
- "Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night The original drinkin' buddy song. Well, that only holds true if your friend is a bullfrog named Jeremiah. But it's tough to listen to this funny feel-good song without singing along. A great song to share with a bunch of friends.
- "People are Crazy" by Billy Currington If you prefer drinking buddies of the less amphibian persuasion, this song is tops. The song's narrator meets an old timer at a bar, and shares a lot of memories and good times. The gritty lyrics are funny enough, but the twist at the end is the real kicker. A reminder that we shouldn't limit who we choose as friends.
- "Photograph" by NIckelback. If you've ever thought, "someday we'll look back on this and laugh," you'll relate to this song. "Photograph" is bittersweet but still funny. The song's narrator is remembering younger days as he looks over old photographs. You may not be able to relate to the barely (or not quite) legal antics of the friends in this song, but we can all look back on the friends of our youth and find something to smile about.
- "A Little Help From My Friends" by the Beatles/Joe Cocker. The Beatles originally covered this song about friendship, but many are more familiar with Joe Cocker's cover, which became the theme song for "The Wonder Years". This song isn't the funniest on the list (The funniest part is the bit about trying "not to sing out of key.") , but it should bring a smile.
"Thank You For Being A Friend" (Theme song from "The Golden Girls" by Andrew Gold. No list of funny songs about friendship would be complete without this gem. The lyrics say it all. "And if you through a party. Invited everyone you ever knew. You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend." A great close to a get-together with great friends.
Life is sweeter when shared with friends. Hopefully these 10 funny songs about friendship will give you and your friends new memories to share. Enjoy!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.