10 Funny Tattoo Ideas And Designs
If you want to display a humor openly to the world then check out 10 funny tattoo ideas and designs. For some their body art is serious and personal, but others wish to turn their body into a comic. There are endless possibilities and this list will help you come up with the perfect funny tattoo. Any idea you come up with should be discussed with your tattoo artist since they will know what will work best. Also a word of caution, that tattoo is going to be on you for a long time so make sure the joke will still be funny down the road.
- Funny sayings. From jokes to cryptic saying that cause a smile, funny sayings are one of the most popular funny tattoo designs. Any easy way to find for ideas is to do a Google search for jokes and funny sayings.
- Comics. Inspiration for your funny tattoo is right in your local paper. Vintage comic tattoos is a trend that is taking off. Another variation on this theme is political comics that allow your tattoo to make a statement and be funny.
- Cartoon characters. Using your favorite cartoon character in your funny tattoo design can have endless ideas. Some popular designs are over cartoons doing things completely out of character and funny quotes with them. For those with a more twisted sense of humor you might consider strange sexual jokes on your favorite cartoon character or even tattoos of the character dead or maimed in some darkly funny way.
- Oddly placed body parts. Tattoo ideas in this category go for more the shock and stupid kind of humor. Examples would be someone getting eyes tattooed on their forearm.
- Random items. Even just random everyday items as tattoos can be fun. These are the tattoos that make you ask “Why would you bother getting that as a tattoo?” and then usually a laugh follows. Some example of this would be soup cans, soap, pens, a shoe and any other out there item you can think of to put on your body.
- Funny placement tattoos. Some tattoos are funny just because of where you put them. Some examples of this would be a woman with a bible verse about decency where you would normally find a “tramp stamp,” a bald man with a squished bug tattooed on top of his head, a man with a gun placed so it’s looks like it’s coming out of his pants or the popular lawn mower placed so it looks like it is cutting the person’s pubic hair. A variation of the last example could be done on a man’s head that is going bald.
- Clothing. Another trend in funny tattoos is to get clothing tattooed on your body. The more outlandish the funnier it seems to be.
- Funny cover ups. Bad tattoos happen and many people decide to cover them up instead of going with the costly procedures to remove them. Cover up jobs are hard to do and are pretty much impossible with some tattoos. Many people have turned to doing funny cover ups of their no longer wanted ink. Examples would be putting an ex over the tattoo such as with a persons name or doing a funny job of changing it into something else.
- Making use of your belly button. Like the funny placement tattoo, tattoos that use your belly button are funny all in where you put what. Many people do some kind of animal on their stomach and use their belly button for the well you can guess for what. Some examples of animals would be a cow, monkey, pig, horse or anything your twisted mind comes up with.
- Using other body parts. Not just belly buttons can be used to add humor to your tattoo, any body part can help. Some ideas would be using your nipples for the headlight of a car, your fingers for the legs of a spider or what you have below the belt. Whatever funny thing you can tattoo there can be left between you and your brave tattoo artist.