Instead of updating your status with what you ate for breakfast or where you went that day, update it with one of these ten gangsta rap lyrics for a Facebook status. Statuses have the tendency of being mundane. Make yours more creative with one of these hip hop lyrics.
- “Forever” by Drake. “Forever” is a rather long song, and near the beginning Drake says “Last name ever, first name greatest." It’s a clever way of saying that your number one, and on top of the world.
- “Lose Yourself” by Eminem. Even a gangsta has dreams. Don’t hold back from them. Eminem says “You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime” and posting it shows a level of hope for the future without sounds too little school girlish.
- “Milli” by Lil Wayne. Straight up saying you are better than everyone else is cocky. Using Lil Wayne’s lyric “Don’t you compare me cause there ain’t nobody near me” conveys the same message without sounding so stupid.
- “Gossip Folk” by Missy Elliot. Tired of people talking about you? Post “When I walk up in the piece I ain’t gotta' even speak” as your lyric and get people to shut up.
- “Bedrock” by Lil Wayne (Gudda Gudda’s part). In Lil Wayne’s song Gudda Gudda sings “I like the way you’re walking if you’re walking my way.” Got a new girl on your radar? Post this status as a hint to her.
- “Whatever You Like” by T.I. “Baby you could go wherever you like. I said you could go wherever you like.” Tell the little lady in your life you want to give her everything she wants by telling the whole world. She will be impressed.
- “Dangerous” by Kardinal Offishall. On the market? Put “Girl I can notice but to, notice you, noticing me” as your status and get all the girls interested in you and what you have to offer.
- “Get Like Me” by David Banner. Banner delivered the simplest but most perfect line “You need to get like me." It’s a basic way to tell others you are the leader in the pack.
- “Ms. Jackson” by Outkast. Girls love statuses dedicated to them. Guys hate mushy stuff. Outkast’s lyrics “You say its puppy love; we say it's full grown. Hope that we feel this, feel this way forever” gives her what she wants without going overboard on the goop.
- “Crank That Soulja Boy” by Soulja Boy. This song is best known for its dance. But he does deliver some pretty good lines such as “Haterz wanna be me” which would make a good status for a guy who has a lot of imitators.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.