10 Gish Tips
Mastering the game of Gish entails a lot of fun, adventure and work, but there are 10 Gish tips that will definitely improve your overall experience with the game. Defeating bosses, moving more quickly and being more powerful will all be possible with this Gish tips guide! To effortlessly capture Brea in virtually no time, follow along with these Gish tips.
- Jumping is something that you can use to your advantage in the game of Gish. Combining the space bar with the up arrow will cause Gish to raise up off of the ground! When he is at the peak of his jump, press and hold the down arrow to smash back to the ground. When he is compressed against the ground, repeat the process of pressing up and space again. You’ll notice that he’ll jump higher. Rinse and repeat!
- You can actually unlock a Mario-like level in Gish. On level 1-3, smash through the first set of spikes you see over to the left of the first platform that’s suspended. Go ahead and descend through the passage and smash the block marked with a question mark. This will warp you to a Mario-like level.
- You can also unlock a Pitfall-like level. When you are playing level 2-1, pull the very first vertical platform over to the left. After that, climb the ceiling, and use “heavy” to drop and break the ground. You will fall down a passage to find a big Pitfall “Harry” allowing you to warp to a Pitfall-like level.
- You can actually warp to the isle of the dead. On level 3-4, wait until you are in the room with the skulls flying from the ground. You’ll need to run and hang on to the first skull platform that comes out. Make sure to ride it all the way up into the air, and wait until you see a platform with the numbers “666” marked on it. You’ll need to jump over onto that platform to warp to the isle of the dead!
- You can also unlock a Pacman-like level. When you’re playing level 4-4, wait until you’re located right before the pillars that are collapsing. You’ll need to climb beneath the first overhang you see and bust through the wall. You will descend through a passage and straight into Pacman’s mouth. You’ll then be warped to a Pacman-like level!
- Defeating the Honey Bucket boss is quite easy with this strategy! Initially, you’ll see three brown blobs. It’s best if you take the middle blob out first. To do this, you can use “heavy” over him. After you’ve taken care of the middle blob, move to the right and mow that one down as well with “heavy.” For the last blob, you’ll need to use “sticky” to stick to the wall on the right. You’ll be able to place yourself above the final blob. Take the last one out, and you’ll be on your merry way.
- Defeating Paunchy Chops is a task of speed, not power. Start by racing down the passage as fast as possible. Make sure to use “heavy” on ramps, and be sure to jump before using “sticky” on walls. If you don’t, you could accidentally get stuck to the ground. You’ll eventually come to a bigger room, and you’ll want to “sticky” yourself on the wall to the left. You’ll need to climb up to the ceiling and go across so that you can come down on the switch. Once you toggle the switch, the roof will open and light will kill the boss!
- Making Gish “sticky” is extremely helpful. Use this to ascend walls and move across ceilings. You can also carry objects with “sticky.”
- When you need help pushing a certain switch, using “slippy,” “sticky” and “heavy” certainly help. Use “sticky” to pick up an object over Gish, and then use “slippy” while still using “sticky.” The object will submerge into Gish. Use “heavy” while releasing “sticky” and “slippy” to force the object upwards.
- Climbing walls can be done more swiftly! If you’re trying to climb a wall quickly, try tapping “sticky” rapidly to speed the process along.