10 good angry break up songs range from being released in 1966 to 2010. The era's may be vastly different, but all 10 of these songs are good to help express an angry break up. Some of these songs are based on the artists true break up tale, but each one has a universal truth that is relatable.
- "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette. Morissette's first single, was this good angry break up song "You Oughta Know." She is singing as the scorned ex-girlfriend that has been dumped, and the man moved on easily. The song was written about her and actor Dave Coulier's break up. One stand out angry lyrics is, "I'm here to remind you of the mess you made."
- "Cry Me A River" by Justin Timberlake. Breaking away from the pop mold, Justin Timberlake released his first solo album in 2002 which has one of the best angry break up songs on it called, "Cry Me A River." The soft beats and vocals are paired with angry lyrics about being cheated on. He gets revenge by making sure the girl knows he's moved on with his life, and she will never get a chance with him again.
- "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor. "I Will Survivor" is a good timeless angry break up song set to a disco pop sound. The song is about a bad relationship, and how a guy broke up with her, then tries to come back. It is an empowering break up song that you can be strong and not let destructive people back in your life.
- "These Boots are Made For Walkin'" by Nancy Sinatra. Released in 1966, the good angry break up song was written by Lee Hazelwood, but performed by Nancy Sinatra. The lyrics are about being cheated on, and how she will not tolerate being walked all over anymore. This angry break up song has the famous lyric, "These boots are made for walkin' and that's just what they'll do. One of these days, these boots are going to walk all over you."
- "Call Me When You're Sober" by Evanescence. A song about singer Amy Lee's former boyfriend Shaun Morgan who had a drinking problem. This angry break up song is about her ex boyfriend choosing to drink over being with her. The angry lyrics talk about how how he only wants her now because she has said it is over, but their relationship will remain over.
- "F**k You" by Cee-Lo Green. The angry song is about a gold-digging ex girlfriend who dumps him for a richer man. The song drops the f-bomb 16 times during the song, to both her and her new boyfriend. The song is a good break up song because people can relate to feeling hate towards being dumped.
- "Seventy Times 7" by Brand New. The song was written about the breaking up of a friendship. A good break up songs because the angry lyrics can easily be interpreted for a couple breaking up. Angry lyrics include, "Don't apologize, I hope you choke and die."
- "Circle the Drain" by Katy Perry. Released in 2010, Perry , "It's kind of like my 'You Oughta Know,' Alanis Morissette moment." She wrote the song about ex boyfriend, Travis McCoy. The angry lyrics depict her getting fed up of his drug habits which is leading to self-destruction. A powerful angry lyric is, "I'm not sticking around to see you go down."
- "You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi. "You Give Love a Bad Name" is a timeless 80's rock song that is a good angry break up song. The song formatted with the opening angry line, "Shot through the heart." The song is about a girl who has been really bad to her boyfriend, and he's expressing how hurtful she was.
- "Ex-Girlfriend" by No Doubt. Girls that have been dumped can relate to this angry break up song. Upbeat tempo mixed with angry lyrics about how Stefani always knew she would end up his ex-girlfriend. Centering around why he even got together with her are the lyrics, "Why'd you have to go and pick me? When you knew that we were different, completely."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?