Whether you just got busted for something you shouldn’t have been doing, or whether you girlfriend dumped you for your best friend, there’s always a reason to need 10 good hip hop songs for when you’re mad. This list might just make you angrier, but you’ll be reminded that you’re not the only one with problems in your life.
- “Snitch” by Obie Trice featuring Akon: Backstabbed by a phony gang member, Obie and Akon sing about what exactly it is they do to homies who betray them. Need a hint? It involves Glocks, laser sights and hand-to-hand combat.
- “Numb/Encore” by Linkin Park featuring 50 Cent, Eminem, Dr. Dre and Jay-Z: Linkin Park’s original version was a good enough song for when you get mad. But add the Fearsome Foursome of hip hop to the mix, and you’ve got a rock song with hip hop lyrics in between that’ll really yank your chain.
- “Spacebound” by Eminem: This is a good hip hop song for when you’re mad because it’s all about how love turned bad. Eminem starts out all nice and feely-good in the beginning, then he continues into decidedly nastier, more offensive lyrics about what he’ll do if a girl turns her back on him.
- “Love the Way You Lie” by Eminem featuring Rihanna: This hip hop/R&B mix describes love gone bad perfectly. At first, Eminem sounds like he likes the girl. Then, when she does things he doesn’t like, it gets under his skin and he’s mad all over again. Just don’t do what Eminem says he’ll do in the song, or you’ll land your sorry butt in jail for sure.
- “Ridin’” by Chamillionaire: Sometimes called “Ridin’ Dirty,” this Chamillionaire hit is all about being angry at the police – and for good reason. Just because you’ve got a record evidently doesn’t meant the police should patrol you without cause. They see you rollin, they hatin!
- “99 Problems” by Linkin Park and Jay-Z: Mixed raw with the “Points of Authority” song, this heavy metal song gets a good dose of hip hop, thanks to Jay-Z’s interference. This is a good hip hop song for when you’re mad because, for once, it doesn’t talk about getting mad only at your girlfriend. There are other places to direct your anger, as it turns out.
- “Messiah” by Dead Celebrity Status: You don’t get more angry than having “two middle fingers pointed” at the person you hate most right now. Straight off of the “XXX: State of the Union” soundtrack, this Dead Celebrity Status song is one of the most underrated good hip hop songs ever.
- “Vacation” by Young Jeezy: The king of bad attitude hip hop released a single that describes the feeling of wanting to get away from all the drama going on in life. Naturally, he spatters in a few lyrics about hatin’ the haters, which makes it a good hip hop song for when you’re mad.
- “Say Hello” by Jay-Z: Jay-Z always has plenty to say about hate, but this time he mixes it with how much of a villain he’s feeling like. If you want to go all hater all over somebody, this is the perfect song to do it to.
- “I’ll Still Kill” by 50 Cent and Akon: This is a good hip hop song for when your homeboy crosses you in all the wrong ways. Despite being your best bud, you still want him to know that you’re capable of making his life very miserable should he double back on you. And since you were looking for a good hip hop song for when you’re mad, you’re probably in that place right now.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.