10 Good Ideas For Dates: Denver
This list of ten good ideas for dates: Denver includes art galleries, outdoor spots and good dining. Denver is a dynamic city with universities, culture, and a great deal of natural beauty. Romantic couples have numerous opportunities for good dates, providing something for everyone.
- Impulse Theater. The Impulse is one of the good ideas for dates in Denver. As the name might imply this venue is an improvisational comedy club. Shows are not to raunchy and run about 90 minutes, with the professional cast improv-ing their way through a series of short scenes which will have you laughing. 1634 18th Street, Denver, CO 80202.
- City Park Jazz. City Park Jazz offers concerts over ten different dates in the summer. This good idea for a date in Denver is steeped in tradition, going back 125 years. Just because this is free doesn’t mean your date will think you’re cheap. It’s a hip enough concert series that she’ll think you’re cool for thinking of.
- Venice on the Creek. This attraction gives a couple a romantic boat ride down Denver’s Cherry Creek. You’ll ride in a miniature gondola while your own captain pilots you along a peaceful route.
- Sporting Events. One of the good ideas for dates in Denver is to take in a sporting event. This city has a short but rich sports history and is home to the NFL’s Broncos, the NBA’s Nuggets, and MLB’s Rockies. You can find something during all seasons. Coors Field is one of the newer and most-attractive stadiums in baseball.
- Canvas and Cocktails. This is a good idea for a date in Denver, as it is very unique and stimulating. Your date will be impressed when you show up for these painting classes, where an artist will instruct you in acrylic painting. During frequent breaks, you’ll be able to grab a drink and flirt with your date. 249 Clayton Street, Denver, CO 80206.
- First Friday Art Walk on Santa Fe. First Friday is actually first and third Friday and is a good idea for dates in Denver. This event allows you to peruse more than 60 art galleries on Friday evenings. A free shuttle will take you to the vicinity of each if you don’t feel like walking.
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science. This 500,000 square-foot structure has more than a million objects in its collection. In addition to eight themed areas housing permanent exhibits, the museum has an IMAX Theater and a planetarium. This good idea for a date in Denver will give you some stimulating learning in addition to quiet time together. 2001 Colorado Boulevard, Denver, CO 80205.
- Great American Beer Festival. With a rich history in brewing, it’s no surprise the Denver area is home to this event. Over 2,000 different American beers are on hand for sampling and hundreds of medals are awarded. Get there early!
- Dragon Boat Festival. At this date you and your gal can stand waterside and watch dozens of teams race their “traditional” dragon boats. Also at the festival is an Asian marketplace and many Asian food trucks. Sloan's Lake Park, Denver, CO 80205.
- Sakura Square. This is a small square that contains a Japanese Garden and access to many shops and restaurants. The city’s Cherry Blossom Festival takes place in June, with traditional Japanese practices displayed, including a Japanese tea ceremony.