10 Good Massage Tips
By following the suggestions listed below, you can learn 10 good massage tips. Always remember that when giving a massage, it is important to stop if the person you are massaging appears to be in pain. You can do major damage to someone in this manner.
- Find out where the person is interested in being massaged. This is probably one of the most important tips when it comes to giving a good massage. Find out where the person is tightest, and focus most of your time on this location.
- Use lotion. This helps to decrease friction when massaging and makes the experience much more enjoyable.
- Play soft music. This is another great way to help the person relax.
- Lower the lights. This will create a great mood when massaging and will help the person calm down.
- Inquire about the person's preferred amount of tension. Some people like light massages, while others can take plenty of weight.
- Start slowly and gradually increase the amount of tension you use. Even though someone may tell you they like "light tension," light has a different meaning for everyone. Start very gently, and gradually increase every few minutes, remaining in contact with the person.
- Talk. This doesn't mean that you need to make small talk--but ask if the massage is in the correct location and if the tension is okay.
- Make sure to massage the person evenly. This means that even if the person tells you their left quadricep is sore, you should avoid spending all of your time here--hit the opposite quadricep, too in order to make sure your massage leaves the person feeling balanced.
- Ask if there are any addition spots that need to be massaged. Sometimes a person will be initially nervous to tell you exactly where they want to be massaged. Wait until later on in the session to ask this question, and the person may have opened up.
- Have fun! Giving a massage should be just as fun as getting one.