It's always a good idea to make time for good movies to watch when you are bored. If you need to pass the time and you aren't sure what to do, take the time to rent or purchase these movies, sit back, relax and just have a little fun.
- "Lord of the Rings" This is a good movie to watch when you are bored because while it does have amazing special effects, action, and an interesting storyline, there are three movies in the series, so boredom can be relieved for at least 557 minutes.
- "Memento" Because of the attention that is needed to keep up with the storyline, this is a great movie to watch when you are bored. The movie begins near the end and goes back to explain each part of the movie. You can't look away or there is a chance you will miss something.
- "The Village" As with most M. Night Shyamalan films, you know a twist is coming. This movie should keep your attention as you try to put the pieces together before the truth is exposed. There are a few suspenseful portions that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- "Eli" Denzel Washington stars in this film that will not only entertain you, but leave you thinking long after the film is over. It makes you take a look at yourself and provide a new perspective on life.
- "Lara Croft, Tomb Raider" Even if you can't get into the storyline and you aren't impressed with some of the action sequences, you can spend the time watching Angelina Jolie save the world in short shorts and a tank top.
- "Rear Window" This is a great movie to watch when you are bored because it tells the story of a man who started out bored and got more than he bargained for. Jimmy Stewart plays a man recovering at home with limited mobility. For a more modern take on the same idea, watch "Disturbia," starring Shia LaBeouf.
- "Star Wars" It started out with three films and was later expanded into a six-part story about life in an unbalanced galaxy. While the length of the films (all put together) makes it a good movie to watch when you are bored, the characters, outfits and makeup alone are worth checking out.
- "America Pie" When it comes to good movies to watch when you are bored, these will keep you laughing and give you a few lines to use when you next hang out with the guys. While the humor is crude, it is hilarious. You don't want to miss scene with the "American Pie."
- "Vanilla Sky" Don't get upset if you really take on this good move to watch when you are bored. Keep your eyes on the screen the entire time and see if you can figure out what it all means when the final scene comes. After watching this one, you will continue to beat boredom while you contemplate why you went ahead and watched this one.
- "Fletch" (and "Fletch Lives") Chevy Chase plays a great character, Irwin Fletcher, a reporter for a newspaper. In each film he takes on different character with a famous name. After watching this one, you may be inspired to join up with a televangelist or maybe take on the chief of police and a drug ring to avoid being bored.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Cooking With Booze: Stiegl Radler Crockpot Carnitas
Perfect hot-weather tacos, with pork simmered in summer beer.
Friday Drink Special: The Little Zombie
Perhaps the world's first cocktail inspired by Comic Con and The Walking Dead.
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Game of Thrones bloopers, sex geckos and more conversation starters for any social situation.