Here are 10 good rainy day movies for adults to choose from. Depending on how long the weather is bad, you may want to watch more than one of these rainy day movies for adults. Rent these movies or DVR them, so you can watch one the next time you are waiting out a rainstorm.
- "The Godfather." This epic 1972 film is a good rainy day movie for adults to watch. It is nearly three hours long, and if you also watch the two sequels by the time you are done the rain may have subsided.
- "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring." Part one of the LOTR trilogy came out in 2001, and is nearly three hours long. Watch all three movies if you have time on a rainy day.
- "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly." Released in 1966, Clint Eastwood is at his best in this western classic. The extended English version is right at three hours long, making it one of the rainy day movies for adults to watch to help pass the time.
- "The Shawshank Redemption." Morgan Freeman probably would have won an Oscar for his performance in this 1994 film, if not for Tom Hanks’ "Forrest Gump" being released the same year. "Shawshank" is widely considered to be one of the greatest movies of all time, and is certainly a good rainy day movie for adults.
- "The Shining." If you like watching horror movies on a rainy day, this 1980 thriller is for you. Jack Nicholson stars as a tortured caretaker, and delivered a masterful performance.
- "Cast Away." Tom Hanks stars in this 2000 classic, which is a good rainy day movies for adults. Had it not been for Russell Crowe winning an Oscar for Gladiator, Hanks may have earned his third Best Actor statue.
- "Dumb & Dumber." This classic comedy starring Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels was released in 1994. Guaranteed to make you laugh on a rainy day.
- "Jaws." This 1975 thriller is a good rainy day movie for adults to watch. John Williams won an Academy Award for Best Original Score, largely due to the memorable music used when the shark was on screen.
- "Rocky." Released in 1976, Sylvester Stallone’s first installment of the six-part series is a great movie to watch when it is raining outside. If the rain does not stop, watch a few of the sequels as well.
- "Rain Man." While this movie is not about the rain, it is still a good flick to watch during a rainy day. Dustin Hoffman won the Oscar for Best Actor in 1988 for his stellar performance.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.