10 Good Scary Date Movies
These are ten scary date movies to watch that will ensure your date goes well. After all, nothing will bring you and your date closer than sharing a good scare.
- “Halloween” (1978), is one of John Carpenter’s most popular horror movies. Before popping this movie on, reminisce about how much you enjoyed Halloween night as a child. As the movie plays and Michael Myers begins to wander throughout the neighborhood killing people on Halloween night, your date will move closer to you as she reminisces about her own childhood.
- “The Shining” (1980) directed by Stanley Kubrick, is based on Stephen Kings book "The Shining", this a good date movie if your date enjoys being scared psychologically. This film will have your date jumping in her seat the whole time as Jack Nicholson who is possessed wants to kill his family. What more can you ask for from a date movie than to scare your date so that she will want to be close to you the rest of the night?
- “Dead Alive” (1992), is a great funny/scary that has suspense and plenty of zombies throughout the movie. If your date enjoys laughing hysterically at being scared by zombies then this will be an excellent choice.
- “28 Days Later” (2002), is a horror film about a virus that has taken over and left few survivors. As the survivors are figuring out what to do next the zombies will be relentless in destroying everyone in their path. This will have your date jumping into your arms as the survivors are fighting for their lives.
- “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre” (2003), this remake is just as scary as the original 1970s version. As you watch this movie, you may have to remind yourself that it's not real so that your date does not see you looking just as petrified as her.
- “Shaun of the Dead” (2004), takes place in North London when a meteor turns people into zombies. This romantic comedy yet scary movie is a fantastic date movie because your date will laugh and cry at the same time. Whether your date is afraid of the horror, crying over the romance or laughing at the comedy she will be leaning on you for comfort.
- “House of Wax” (2005), is about some young people being stranded and end up in a small town. As you watch this movie your date will become worried just because she is unsure of the fate for the actors in the movie. As the movie plays out the horror for the people being tortured and killed will have her grasping hold of your arm.
- “The Descent” (2005) directed by Neil Marshall, this is one that will leave you terrified. Make sure your date loves a good scare as not everyone can handle the level of gore and intensity of this film as it follows a group of adventurous cave-exploring girls who decide to try an uncharted route off the map. Nothing can prepare them for what lies beneath.
- “Vacancy” (2007), this movie is realistic enough that you cannot just watch it with anyone. Your date will be holding onto your arm throughout the movie as she begins to put herself in that same situation that she is watching on film. As the movie goes on the two of you will rejoice how the once estranged couples were able to pull it together in order to survive.
- “Saw” (2004), is as a brutal horror film that shows more mutilation than any other film seen today. As your date watches the movie, she will be both terrified and inquisitive about what is going to happen to the people. She will be whispering in your ear about what she believes will happen next and jumping in your arms for protection.
Posted on: Jan. 05, 2011