Bass has historically been a background sound in music, but as these 10 good songs with bass illustrate, bass is becoming more prominent as one of the foreground sounds of modern music. Vocals and guitars are an important part of any tune, but you have to admit, there’s nothing quite like cruisin’ along with floorboards thumpin’ to get your blood pumping. Whether your tastes lean towards metal, pop or rap, whether you prefer acoustic or electric, there’s a certain appreciation we all hold for that bass thump. So here’s a mix of good songs with bass to get that speaker box bouncin’.
- "Crazy Train" (Ozzy Osbourne, 1980.) While it never made it big on the charts, this heavy metal classic kicks bass! You can find this Ozzy Osbourne/Randy Rhoads creation on "Blizzard of Ozz." The intro alone will decimate any longing for bass boom. When it comes to good songs with bass, the Ozz knows how to do it right.
- "Blind" (Korn, 1995.) If you like hard-hitting, heavy duty good songs with bass, Korn’s self titled debut provides it all. Dark, heart thumping bass with real meat is what Korn is all about.
- "Late Night Tip" (Three 6 Mafia, 1997.) Want some good songs with bass, with a slower beat? This one’s older, but definitely has some low frequency bass to provide a bit of easy-paced ear candy.
- "Ruff Ryders Anthem" (DMX, 1998.) How do ruff ryder’s roll? With some of the best choices in good songs with bass, that’s how. This single from DMX’s debut album, "It’s Dark and Hell is Hot" is listed in top Hip Hop lists from VH1 to Billboard.
- "No One Knows" (Queens of the Stone Age, 2002.) "Songs for the Deaf" illustrates the early QOTSA bass talents. If you prefer good songs with bass from hard rockers, this one’s a great choice that won’t leave your ears ringing for a week.
- "Get Low" (Lil’ Jon and the Eastside Boys, 2003.) When it comes to good songs with bass, you can count on folks like Lil’ Jon to always deliver. Get it crunk and “get it low, to the window, to the walls.” If the first ten seconds don’t get your blood pumpin’ to a deep bass beat, you better check your system.
- "The Jump Off" (Lil Kim feat. Mr. Cheeks, 2003.) Girls can bounce that beat too! You can find this nominee for good songs with bass on Lil’ Kim’s "La Bella Mafia" album. Watch the video and you can get that 808 bump and enjoy both ear and eye candy! You don’t have to wait for the bass to start either. It will thump from start to finish.
- "White Girl" (Young Jezzy, 2007.) From the "80 Jezz" album, this song features USDA as well as Young Jezzy. Don’t tell your mama what the song’s really about, but just enjoy it as one of the good songs with bass at a low frequency.
- "Like a G 6" (Far East Movement, 2010.) Need something recent to rock that bass box? Crank it up and like the song says, “feel that 808 bump.”
- "Imma Be" (Black Eyed Peas, 2010.) While this one’s great for bass treb, it’s only a start when it comes to good songs with bass. As Peabodies know, pick virtually any BEP song and you’ll feel that bass beat deep down in your chest.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…