10 Good Songs To Run To 2010
Having 10 good songs to run to in 2010 wasn't hard to find. Its all about having energy and keeping momentum going. With fast beats and infectious rhythm, these songs are ones that keep your feet on the go.
- "Cinderella Man" by Eminem. The instant this songs starts playing, you want to get up and start moving. The chorus singing "Amen" uplifts the spirits and gets your body going. Eminem's lyrics are also about being a champion and being the best.
- "The New Workout Plan" by Kanye West. The title to this song should be enough to get your running. The song is Kanye West giving "ladies" workout instructions with a beat. The beat is makes you move and the words are hilarious if not merely motivating.
- "Roll Out (My Business)" by Ludacris. Ludacris's round voice is complemented by the round beats. The words "Roll Out" and screamed in the background and keep the pace of the song going. It helps to keep you running for any length.
- "Pump It" by The Black Eyed Peas. Straight from their album "Monkey Business", The Black Eyed Peas keep the energy going. The song "Pump It" has a California surfer theme. The clapping beats are noteworthy elements that stream the song going on for an amazing three and a half minutes.
- "Let's Run" by Le Tigre. This electric group is like a new-club version of the B-52's. The song "Let's Run" uses a killer guitar throughout. The energy is medium, but the singing is on another level all together.
- "Dominos" by The Big Pink. This song flows through the eardrums into the soul. Its chorus is full of life and energy and makes you want to keep running as it nears its end. Just make sure not to "fall like dominos".
- "Short Fuse" by Black Lips. Taking tips from the late 60's rock music. Black Lips use an organ to keep the energy high and constant through. However, the bit of techno sound bites, give this song a modern flare that will keep up the pace with your jogging.
- "Come With Me" by CEO. This song is excellent to run to. It has the vibe of a techno song, mixed with the melodies of soft rock. It has consistent energy and adds a feeling of floating - much needed during a lengthy run.
- "Pow Pow" by LCD Soundsystem. This song doesn't take itself very seriously - at all. It starts off with straight beat then escalates into a odd-offbeat semi-conversation that the lead singer is having with the listener. Introduce some congo-line sounding bongos and you have the perfect recipe for running.
- "Paper Planes" by M.I.A. With snapping fingers keeping the casual beat to this tune, running is a "snap". Add to that, gun shots, cha-chings of a cash drawer, and wining guitar riffs, and M.I.A. has an epic running song.
Posted on: Dec. 23, 2010