10 Good Songs For Running
There are many songs good for running, so it is hard to come up with just 10 good songs for running. Here are some suggestions to add to your mix for your daily run. Music for your running needs inspirational music, but the lyrics' message sometimes makes it good for running. This list will get you started and maybe you will add a few of your own.
- "Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce Springsteen Nice, steady beat with encouraging lyrics. Should be in any runner's mix. Not quiet as heavy of a message as other Springsteen songs. Sometimes you have a reason to run, sometimes you don't ... sometimes you're just dancing in the dark.
- "Band on the Run" by McCartney and Wings Light song about a band on the run. Different musical elements appear just as the terrain varies in most of your running with hills, streets and flat areas.
- "We Are the Champions" by Queen Played at all championships sporting events, the song might inspire you to enter some races. Being a champion is great, but even if you are not, this song will inspire you to at least try.
- "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynryd Classic Southern rock tune with a powerful beat and fun lyrics. If you are old enough to remember the '70s, this will bring back nice memories. If not, you may create some new memories by running with this driving tune in your mix.
- "Radar Love" by Golden Earring Another classic '70s tune great for driving, but it will also inspire you in your running. The song is about coming home to see your lover, the desire, the longing ... or maybe about finishing your run on a strong note.
- "Born in the USA" by Bruce Springsteen There's something about Springsteen that inspires you to move. This song is not about running, but the melody and hard driving sound is enough to inspire you to run and keep running.
- "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" by Paul Simon Another one that is not about running itself, but the escaping a bad situation might require some running. This is just a fun song to keep your run bounding.
- "Beat It" by Michael Jackson If you can stand Michael Jackson, this one might be worth putting up with. It does have a great beat and would be easy to run to.
- "Movin' out" by Billy Joel We are not sure why, but songs about leaving just seem to be good songs to run to. Maybe its the running away from what you don't want anymore idea.
- "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me" by Billy Joel This song makes the list because of the music, the instrumentation and melody just seem good for running. It is what rock and roll should be all about, moving to the music.