10 Good Tips For Gears Of War 2
If you are in search of 10 good tips to get you through Gears of War 2 then you have come to the right place. By the time we are done you will be a lean mean Gears of War 2 machine.
- The Kung Fu Flip. When you get the chance take cover behind an item that you can jump over. Any low wall will do. While you are jumping quickly tap Up + A, then press A a second time. After about a second, then press Down + A. You will have flipped back into cover.
- Beat the Insane Difficulty Cheat. If you can't beat the game on Insane Difficulty but you want the street cred then just try this. Start on Insane Difficulty, then switch back to Casual Difficulty, Right before the end switch back to Insane Difficulty, and you will see that the system records you as having beaten it on Insane Difficulty.
- Unlock Kantus for multiplayer. In order to do this complete Act 2 in single-player mode on any level of difficulty.
- Unlock Skorge or multiplayer. In order to do this complete Act 5 in single-player mode on any level of difficulty.
- Shield Placement control for Horde Mode. If you want to create a a choke point to make the horde easier to handle then try this one. Use your Boom Shield, by placing it with the handle facing away from you.
- Cowboy Hats for All. At the beginning of Chapter 3 there are three cowboy hats that can be shot with your pistol. The first hat is behind you when you begin. The second is on the opposite side under the cannon. The third is beneath the end of the second fuel tank. Once you shoot them all you will be rewarded with hats for everyone.
- Unlock Anthony Carmine for multiplayer. In order to do that all you need is any Act 1-related achievements unlocked on your hard drive from the original Gears of War.
- Levitation. Take cover behind a BoomShield. Then you should quickly press Up + A then quickly press A again. For a moment you will seem to float in the air.
- Get The Winners Stats. Once you have finished a round of Submission, press Y to view the game's stats. The Meatflag, with the winners name, will have a fake Gamercard. This will show you all of their stats and Achievements. At least then you will know what you are up against.
- The Eleven Executions. Get a player on the ground and try out one of these. The Curb Stomp -- BLUE button with any weapon. The Punch Combo -- YELLOW button with any weapon (except the ones listed below). The Neck Snap -- press GREEN button to take an enemy hostage, then context action to snap necks. Any weapon (except the ones below w/ RED fatal) -- RED button fatality. The Longshot -- YELLOW button fatality. The Longshot (alternate) -- RED button fatality. The Boltok -- YELLOW button fatality. The BoomShield -- YELLOW button fatality. The Gnasher -- RED button fatality (hold while stationary over victim). The Torque Bow -- YELLOW button fatality.
Posted on: May. 09, 2010