The list of 10 goodbye friends songs is filled with some sad songs, some thoughtful songs and some emotional songs. Sometimes music is the best way to express yourself when it comes to saying goodbye. If you listen closely to these songs, you may find some advice on how to handle losing a friend.
- "Seasons in the Sun" (1961) – Jacques Brel. This was an adaptation of a song released in Belgium called "Le Moribond" (1961), the version everyone knows is the Terry Jacks' one from 1961. It is a song about a man getting ready to die and saying goodbye to his friends. If you listen to this song enough, it will start you remembering youthful memories and bringing up a lot of emotions.
- "I Remember You" (1988) – Skid Row. It is difficult to tell if Skid Row is talking about a person who has died, two friends that have parted ways or two lovers that have broken up in this song. Either way, this is definitely one of the top goodbye friends songs.
- "I Will Remember You" (1995) – Sarah McLachlan. This entry is short on lyrics but long on emotion. It talks of leaving an imprint on someone's life and then moving on. It is a beautiful song that tells an emotional story.
- "Kryptonite" (2000) – 3 Doors Down. This song was a huge hit for 3 Doors Down, but the lyrics sometimes go overlooked. It is about a friend that abandons another friend when he needs him the most. It is a very powerful song that belongs on the list.
- "Ain't No Sunshine" (1971) – Bill Withers. This is a song that is more about two friends that should say goodbye, but each time they do they find their way back to each other. When they are together bad things happen and they part ways. But, inevitably, they find their way back to each other.
- "The Dance" (1990) – Tony Arata. This song was a huge hit for country singer Garth Brooks and is a great example of what the 10 goodbye friends songs are about. We are not sure if the friend died or just left, but we do know that the singer is happy to have had the time with his friend that he did.
- "Don't You (Forget About Me)" (1985) – Keith Forsey and Steve Schiff. This song was included in the movie "The Breakfast Club" (1985) and was recorded by the band Simple Minds. It is a simple song about friends parting after a mutual experience such as school or camp, but its message deserves to be on the list of top goodbye friends songs.
- "Leaving on a Jet Plane" (1969) – John Denver. This is a beautiful song written by John Denver about leaving his friends and family behind each time he went on the road. It is a sincere song that was also recorded by Peter, Paul and Mary.
- "Graduation (Friends Forever)" (2000) – Vitamin C. Any high school student that has graduated since the year 2000 has probably heard this song played at some point. It is a song about friends saying goodbye and moving on with their lives.
- "Goodbye Blue Sky" (1979) – Pink Floyd. "The Wall" was one of the best selling double albums in history, and in it Pink Floyd was talking about the horror of war. In "Goodbye Blue Sky", the band talks about how tragedy separates people for the rest of their lives.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!