Here are 10 goodbye songs from the 90's for friends. There are so many circumstances and emotions surrounding goodbyes between friends that songs can really help express. 90's music is so filled with passion that finding the right songs for your situation doesn't have to be a tiresome chore. This list contains grunge classics and softer indie rock tunes from the 90's to make for a well rounded goodbye list.
- "Fade Into You" by Mazzy Star. This song from 1993 is a real heartbreaker. The lyrics tell of a complex relationship where the subject of the song is unaware of the singer's true feelings. Share this song with a friend and you can express a deep connection that has remained hidden. Mazzy Star's voice is powerful and emotionally charged so even if you don't pay attention to the lyrics the song still packs a punch.
- "Gotta Get Away" by The Offspring. Alternative 90's punk at its finest. The Offspring gives you a song from 1994 explaining that he has to get away from himself and the pressure of the world. If you are the one saying goodbye this song can express a reason why to your friend. It represents a yearning to escape and start fresh.
- "Mayonaise" by The Smashing Pumpkins. Off of Siamese Dream released in 1993, "Mayonaise" is a heartfelt song describing a desire to do better and live better. It's a recap of the past and would be appropriate as a goodbye song for anyone you care about.
- "My Name is Jonas" by Weezer. If you are in need of a goodbye song for a friend that summons a smile this song is it. Released in 1994 on The Blue Album, "My Name is Jonas" is an upbeat song about losing your mind, travelling and receiving a postcard from home. It's full of rock guitar and will make you want to jump up and down while belting out the tune.
- "Good" by Better Than Ezra. Good is a song about someone moving out and leaving a note saying, "it was good living with you." The song is funny and a bit awkard making for a humorous goodbye song for a friend you lived with.
- "Heart Shaped Box" by Nirvana. Released in 1993 on the album In Utero, the dark tones of the song are punctuated with the lyrics, "I'm forever in debt to your priceless advice." If you have a friend going away that needs a more manly send off rather than a flowery song, this is it.
- "Don't Look Back in Anger" by Oasis. Tori Amos covers this song giving you a choice of female or male singer. This song is about moving on with a peaceful heart and accomplishing wonderful things.
- "Into The Blue" by Moby. Moby's Everything Is Wrong album hosts many hits from the 90's including this song. If you are the friend who is saying goodbye this is a good choice. The song tells of someone who is flying away.
- "Exit Music (For a Film)" by Radiohead. This is a sad song from OK Computer about two people leaving together. The title suggests a score-like feel and the song delivers. It starts with acoustic guitar and builds into a orchestra of organ sounds and samples of playground voices.
- "Go" by Pearl Jam. If you don't want your friend to go use this song to tell them. "Go" is fast paced and sure to make an impact on the person listening. It pleads for the person to stay through lyrics and grunge musicality.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!