The top 10 goodbye songs for friends come in handy when you’re graduating, moving away, dying or growing apart. As sad as some of the songs are, you never forget the ones that brought you smiles and laughter. Through good times and bad times your best friend is the one you can always count on. A true friendship can stand the test of time even when it’s time to say goodbye.
- Vitamin C – “Graduation” This is the ultimate graduation goodbye song for friends. It’s hard to say goodbye to your best friend and move on to the next stage in your life. “As we go on, we remember. All the times we had together. And as our lives change, come whatever. We will still be friends forever.
- Bette Midler – “Wind Beneath My Wings” This is a ultimate classic goodbye song for friends who are departed. Even in death it doesn’t mean you can’t be friends forever. “It might have appeared to go unnoticed. But I’ve got it all here in my heart. I want you to know I know the truth. Of course I know it. I’d be nothing without you.”
- Dionne Warwick – “That’s What Friends Are For” An all star collaborated song about appreciating having a good friend and what they mean to you before they leave. “Keep smiling, keep shining. Knowing you can always count on me for sure. That’s what friends are for. For good times, for bad times. I’ll be on your side forever more. That’s what friends are for.”
- Green Day – “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” Nothing beats saying goodbye to your friends, except if you weren’t that close to begin with. “So take these photographs that still frames in your mind. And hang them on the self in good health and good time. Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial. For what it’s worth it was worth all the while.”
- Nickelback – “Photograph” Everyone reminisces on good times they had in high school. Times have changed and people grow up, but we can never forget the good times we spent with our friends. “Every memory of looking out the back door. I have the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor. It’s hard to say it, time to say it. Goodbye, goodbye.”
- Elton John – “Friends Never Say Goodbye” Friends encounter many hardships, but that’s what makes a strong friendship, surviving the worse and coming out smiling in the end. “I’d still choose the same joy, the same sadness each step of the way. That fought me and taught me that friends never say goodbye.”
- Mariah Carey – “One Sweet Day” The one thing people have is regrets. One Sweet Day is a tear jerking goodbye song for a friend that has passed away. Never hold back what you can say today for tomorrow, because tomorrow maybe too late. “Sorry I never told you, all I wanted to say. But now it’s too late to hold you. You’ve flown away, so far away.”
- Queen – “You’re My Best Friend” Before you leave don’t forget to let your best friend knows how much you love them, after all they’ve always been there for you. “You’re my best friend that I ever had. I’ve been with you such a long time. You’re my sunshine and I want you to know. That my feelings are true, I really love you.”
- Spice Girls – “Goodbye” It’s a goodbye song for a friend that you’ve lost touched with or who has died. “Goodbye my friend, I know you’re gone, you said you’re gone but I can still feel you near. It’s not the end, you’ve got to keep it strong otherwise the pain turns into fear. So glad we made it, time will never change it.”
- Eve 6 – “Here’s to the Night” Not ready to say goodbye just yet? This song has been a top pre-graduation anthem goodbye song for friends. “Here’s to the nights we felt alive. Here’s to the tears you knew you’d cry. Here’s to goodbye, tomorrow’s gonna come too soon.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.