The 10 "Gossip Girl" narrator quotes that often stand out are those that are philosophical and have true meaning behind them. They are great words of wisdom and often have zing behind them relaying not only to the characters on the "Gossip Girl" show, but can apply to every day life.
- “Be careful, once darkness descends, true natures emerge and everything’s a fair game. Until morning.” Season 3 Episode 21. The narrator reflects on the fact that people are bound to act out of normal character in the darkness when they think nobody is looking or knows who they are.
- “On the Upper East Side, sometimes the wrong prescription is just what the doctor orders.” Season 3 Episode 19. The narrator points out how much pressure everyone in the Upper East Side experience to be a certain type. Breaking out of the mold is sometimes best to maintain sanity.
- “Total eclipse of the heart.” Season 3 Episode 18. The narrator indicates how the heart is often hidden away from others. No matter how feelings may be, the feelings still stay hidden.
- “Prohibition never stood a chance against exhibition. It’s human nature to be free. And no matter how long you try to be good, you can ‘t keep a bad girl down.” Season 1 Episode 7. The narrator points out that a bad girl will always go back to doing what she has always known as second nature. Regardless of trying to be good, she is bad without intent.
- “Spotted: Serena Van Der Woodsen being given a real life multiple choice question.” Season 1 Episode 15. The narrator shows how there are always choices in life with each one having a different outcome and you are forced to make a decision on the spot.
- “Hope that wasn’t the wrong answer S. This test doesn’t grade on a curve.” Season 1 Episode 15. The narrator points out the fact that there are no do overs in life. You have to make a decision and deal with the consequences.
- “Not so fast. You’re not graduating until I give you my diplomas. Mine are labels and labels stick.” Season 2 Episode 25. The narrator shows how someone can have the highest grades in school, but what others think about them have more weight.
- “If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that there would be no gossip without secrets.” Season 2 Episode 5. This is a classic line that explores philosophically explains that if nobody had a secret to keep, nobody could spread the secret behind that person’s back.
- “The brightest stars burn out the fastest. At least that is what I heard. Waiting for a star to fall?” Season 2 Episode 5. The narrator stated what most people think subconsciously regarding ostentatious people. They normally burn themselves out and drop from the spotlight.
- “Not all beginnings are cause for celebration. A lot of bad things begin: fights, flu season.” Season 2 Episode 16. The narrator smashes the thought that everything new is perfect and grand. She points out that everyone should exercise caution for any situation or new person before jumping into the situation without thinking.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.