10 Great Bass Songs 2009
Ten great bass songs of 2009 have a wide-variety of artists, genres, and styles that exemplify excellent musicianship. Hopefully you won’t be familiar with a couple of these songs and bands, so maybe you’ll discover something new and exciting! Without any further ado, here is ten great bass songs from 2009.
- NoGod - “Ginsekai.” This song by the popular j-metal band NoGod features awesome bass lines combined with the epic power metal guitars that places this band musically above the others. Karin does a great job incorporating various techniques in his songs which make each NoGod song more memorable than the last!
- Sadie - “Swallow Rain.” This ballad by Sadie features gut-wrenching vocals by singer Mao combined with Aki’s rhythmic bass lines. While some of the song is layered with piano synths and Tsurugi’s guitar lines, Aki does an amazing job with keep pace in this amazing closing ballad for Sadie’s first full-length album.
- -Oz- - “Breathe Trees.” Another band with their first full-length album, closing with another trademark ballad, is -Oz- with their fast-paced ballad “Breathe Trees.” This song features some of Nao’s most memoral bass lines combined with Natsuki’s vocals that keep listeners coming back for more!
- Mucc - “Kagerou.” Musically speaking, “Kagerou” is by the most-experienced band on this list and probably the most mature sounding song off our list. Kagerou has a great slow-pace which picks apart its listeners with Yukke’s trade-mark bass lines combined with Miya’s guitar riffs. Kagerou is one of the catchiest songs on this list, just try to listen to it once!
- Lynch - “Ambivalent Ideal.” Ambivalent Ideal, a song release as both a single and an album track, features Lynch’s trademark Nagoya-Kei style with excellet vocals by Hazuki and Junji’s jaw-jarring bass lines. While Junji was recently replaced, his bass riffs are still immortalized in this classic.
- Lycaon - “Kesshou Hana.” This song features the young Lycaon, a recent star to hit the visual scene. Kesshou Hana is a gut-wrenching ballad that features tantalizing bass lines combined with rhythmic drumming and perfectly-placed piano synths. This song brings listeners to the verge of tears with its progression and beautiful musicianship.
- Girugamesh - “Driving Time.” Another classic off the NOW album, “Driving Time” features awesome bass line by ShuU combined with Nii’s fast-paced guitar riffs. This is a great song to sing along too or rock out with any time, day or night!
- The GazettE - “Nakigahara.” Another classic ballad by GazettE, “Nakigahara” features ear-catching vocals and haunting bass lines. Reita does an excellent job in this gut-wrenching ballad filled with all kinds of emotion. The live version of this song is a real killer for its bass lines and Ruki’s vocals.
- Deluhi - “Lorelei.” Another popular band following suit with the power metal genre is Deluhi. Their B-side special edition song “Lorelei” features amazing bass lines by Aggy that will keep your dancing and head-banging all night long. While this song’s progression seems a little odd at first, it’s a real killer track that will keep its self on repeat for weeks.
- Cocklobin - “Cock.” Finally, we end our list with an experimental Nagoya-Kei band composed of experienced artists. “Cock” is an excellent song, not just for its awesome title but the great composition. This song is similar to other ballads on this list but it’s extremely catchy and fun to rock out too!