10 Great Break Up Songs
When you've lost that special or not so special someone, listen to 10 great break up songs to get yourself through the day. The list includes a few different break up songs for all of those occasions in your shattered love life. So put one on, sit back, and feel your pain or pleasure- depending on your role in the break up.
- "Hurt" Nine Inch Nails Trent Reznor wrote this break up song when he was dealing with a breakup of his own. If you want pain in a song, "Hurt" offers plenty of it.
- "Good Riddance" Green Day One of Green Day's biggest singles back in the day, this break up song pulls out all of those thoughts about where things went wrong, and sends you on to feel like it was all their fault anyway.
- "You Oughta Know" Alanis Morisette With possibly the world's angriest break up song, Alanis Morisette makes you angry at some jerk, too. This is a great one for those breakups where you feel taken for granted.
- "The One I Love" R.E.M. If you're the dumper, "The One I Love" is front man Michael Stipe's ode to someone used and left.
- "Yesterday" The Beatles "Yesterday" tells the story of someone who's been left behind by the person they love. If you're in the mood where you still feel sorry for yourself, put this one on.
- "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" Bob Dylan When you need that one perfect break up song to send to the one you're leaving, "Don't Think Twice" is the way to go. The song explains to that not so special someone exactly why it is that you're moving on.
- "Don't Speak" No Doubt When you're getting dumped by someone you thought you'd be with forever, wallow in your denial with this song. Belt it out, and let 'em know that you want them to shut up and stop telling you all of your faults down to the tiniest detail.
- "Every Breath You Take" The Police Ok, it's technically a break up song. The main use of this piece is to remind you, as the one who broke it off, that the one you broke it off with is probably in the bushes right now. Or in your car. Or hiding in your bathroom.
- "There's a Tear in My Beer" Hank Williams Sit at home with this break up song and sob your eyes out. It's ok to do it during this song because it's Hank Williams, and Hank Williams is a classic.
- "Love Hurts" Joan Jett and the Blackhearts Just to remind yourself that a break up hurts, in case you had forgotten by now, is this song. Listen to it and remind yourself not to make the same mistake next time.